Lavezzi

Dax777 said:
Chevelle said:
Dax I agree with what you are saying but there were a few times where Lavezzi just twisted and turned right through 3-4 players in a tight area.. as you may watch like silva he keeps the ball glued to his feet =)
He is a very good dribbler, I don't deny that. Just think he and Cavanni Look so much better for Napoli overall because of Napoli's style, then they will look with us.

I don't want to mistake their Napoli form, for what may be their City form. True, we can't know what that form would be. But we could guess a bit.
I see exactly what you're saying.

I do think however, that the get the best out of Lavezzi, we would have to counter-attack more often and more direct.

I've seen Aguero and Lavezzi pull off some nasty counter-attacks for Argentina, so I think we could make it work. Aguero could be Lavezzi's Cavani.

Buying someone as good as Lavezzi isn't on my priority list because it really is hard to accommodate so many top players, and we're not exactly lacking in attack.

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent has calmed talk of a move away from Napoli after the Argentina international revealed he would relish the chance to play in Spain or England.

Lavezzi, 26, has regularly been linked with a move away from Napoli, and speculation over his future has increased this week after he netted a brace in Tuesday's 3-1 victory over Chelsea in the Champions League.

Earlier in the week, Lavezzi told Eurosport: "I like the Spanish league, where there are a lot of great players, but the Premier League is very interesting too. They're both very interesting championships - they're the places every player wants to play eventually."

He added: "One of the great things about this job is that we can discover different cultures and different countries. For example, I don't speak English at the moment, but one day I'd like to learn."

Lavezzi's agent, Alejandro Mazzoni, has now stressed that Lavezzi is happy with life at Napoli and that club president Aurelio De Laurentiis has no intention of selling.

"De Laurentiis wants Lavezzi to remain in Naples," he told Radio Crc. "It's difficult to talk about what will happen because there are so many factors. What is certain is that the Napoli president wants to keep Lavezzi and El Pocho (Lavezzi) loves Napoli. It makes no sense to talk about his future at this stage - we should just keep quiet and enjoy the club's success."

Roberto Mancini this week dismissed as "rubbish" claims that Manchester City were interested in Lavezzi and his Napoli team-mate Edinson Cavani, but Mazzoni believes the club did have scouts present for the victory over Chelsea.

"I was told there were people from Manchester City watching the Champions League game at San Paolo, but that doesn't mean anything," he said.

He added: "One of the great things about this job is that we can discover different cultures and different countries. For example, I don't speak English at the moment, but one day I'd like to learn."

Such a blatant way of saying he isn't like Tevez.

It's clear City was his boyhood club. Bring him home Bobby.

Blue Haze said:

Such a blatant way of saying he isn't like Tevez.

It's clear City was his boyhood club. Bring him home Bobby.

Only after Liverpool though, of course.

Another lovely goal against Inter tonight. What a player Lavezzi is, he'd be my #1 priority in the summer, the wide option we need but with the versatility that Mancini values so highly. I reckon he'd thrive in this league and his buy-out clause means he'd cost similar to what Yaya and Silva did - not sure we could haggle that down any but he'd probably pay it back like those two have and it'd probably match Tevez's transfer fee if we get what we want for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.