Lawro predicts....

The pessimist in me would take a draw. The realist in me believes that how City respond in this game may well set the tone for the rest of the season. Just imagine if the rags don't win and City get three points? Or conversely how will we feel going to Chelsea if we lose at Anfield? Priority for me is no defensive mistakes and then let our creativity win the game.

Como Cat said:
The pessimist in me would take a draw. The realist in me believes that how City respond in this game may well set the tone for the rest of the season. Just imagine if the rags don't win and City get three points? Or conversely how will we feel going to Chelsea if we lose at Anfield? Priority for me is no defensive mistakes and then let our creativity win the game.
This place would be in meltdown mode if we lose lol

I would be upset with a Draw. A team as good as the one we have should be capable of beating a top six side at best away from home.

leighton said:
If we play a full strenght team then we will have enough to get the win. Last season as Mancini said he rested players at Anfield because of the FA Cup semi. This time round we will see a stronger side out there.
Richards and Clichy will come in for Zab and Kolarov. Also Kun for Dzeko. The midfield I think we might stick with De Jong , Milner and Yaya with Silva pulling the strings. The games there for the taking. There last 3 home games they havnt won a game. If we play how we have so far this season going forward we will have way too much for them. There team there is nothing to really worry us if our players are on our game we will win.
The team shouldnt be giving them any respect over past glorys years gone by. We have a lot going for us. Players bang on form and scoring goals for fun. Once we score there fans will get on there backs as usual. Bellers is the one we will have to keep a close eye on if he plays. Forwards dont look to be up to much to me if we go with the same attitude as we did at the Rags we will have too much in all areas. I would be expecting a draw at worst but really fancy us getting a win.
I agree with all this but i think he'll play barry for de jong.

I think a draw would be a decent result. However I think its a very unlikely outcome and certainly not a result that we should play for.

It seems to me that the game will go one of two ways. Either Liverpool will rise to the occassion, we'll suffer a hangover from tuesday and it will be a similar match and result to April. Or we'll prove a point, pass them off the pitch and win comfortably. I dont really see anything in between.

Logan said:
leighton said:
If we play a full strenght team then we will have enough to get the win. Last season as Mancini said he rested players at Anfield because of the FA Cup semi. This time round we will see a stronger side out there.
Richards and Clichy will come in for Zab and Kolarov. Also Kun for Dzeko. The midfield I think we might stick with De Jong , Milner and Yaya with Silva pulling the strings. The games there for the taking. There last 3 home games they havnt won a game. If we play how we have so far this season going forward we will have way too much for them. There team there is nothing to really worry us if our players are on our game we will win.
The team shouldnt be giving them any respect over past glorys years gone by. We have a lot going for us. Players bang on form and scoring goals for fun. Once we score there fans will get on there backs as usual. Bellers is the one we will have to keep a close eye on if he plays. Forwards dont look to be up to much to me if we go with the same attitude as we did at the Rags we will have too much in all areas. I would be expecting a draw at worst but really fancy us getting a win.
I agree with all this but i think he'll play barry for de jong.

and rightly so

ifiwasarichfan said:
I would be upset with a Draw. A team as good as the one we have should be capable of beating a top six side at best away from home.
We know we are capable. That's proven already.

But being capable and executing it are different matters. Taking a point from Anfield is Championship winning form - in this season or most others. You forget they will raise their game against us as they did last season, and as they did at Chelsea last weekend.

As long as we don't concede before half time we'll win this. They'll no doubt push us and press us heavily like last year, they will tire though and it'll open up later on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.