League cup - Crystal Palace pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have said play a 2/3 younger players until last nights results. This competition has become a whole lot easier now and I think we would be crazy to not take it seriously.

Bony, despite his obvious shortcomings needs to keep playing to build up his match fitness and get some goals so I would play him.

I wouldn't play Caballero either as I've yet to see him have a good game but I'm sure Pellegrini will.

I would start

Hart
Zab
Ottamendi
Mangala
Kolorov
Fernando
Toure
Navas
Sterling
De Bruyne
Bony

Try and get the game won by half time and take De Bruyne and Toure off.

Kelechi to come on in place off De Bruyne should it all be going to plan.

But Wenger said the level was "too high" for the younger players he selected.

Midfielder Glen Kamara and forward Alex Iwobi - both 19 - made full debuts in the last-16 tie, while 17-year-olds Ismael Bennacer and Kristian Bielik came off the bench.

"They are not ready to play at this level," said Wenger. "We lost two players and after that I had Gabriel and Nacho Monreal on the bench but I couldn't bring them on because I couldn't afford to lose any more players."

From BBC Website
Not sure what point you are trying to make. Arsenal played a very strong team last night. In fact Wenger is now saying that he used "too many experienced players".

I'm going for us to win on penalties and we'll be confused as fuck as Willy will play a blinder in them.

Would like us to field a reasonably strong side out but KDB needs a rest sooner or later. Would rather we do it on our own terms now than have it enforced on us through injury. Would probably play Sterling though as he hasn't been playing as many full games and I think he still needs to find some form.

Last night's loss to Sheff Wednesday, was a total embarrassment. Flamini, Chambers, Gibbs, debuchy, and the like are the exact reason we will not win the prem. Our back up players are woeful...

If I ever see Joel Campbell in a Arsenal shirt again I will shoot wenger

Willy
Zab Vinny Mangala Kolarov
Fernando Yaya
Roberts KDB Sterling
Nacho

Subs: Wright, Sagna, Barker, Navas, Otamendi, Evans, Garcia

Evans is out on loan Danamy

Also I would have Demi in for Vinny, Navas in for Sterling and Garcia in for KDB. I would prefer to rest Yaya, but injuries means we are short in midfield. Better to rest KDB and bring him on if we have to.

so based on only his second full game of the season robertrs shouldnt be playing ? honestly imo will patching is a better player than garcia, who by the way hasn't been very good all season

Based on that game, yes. He did nothing in the first half and missed two good chances in the second. I'm not suggesting he doesn't have potential, just that he was dire in that game. Probably our worst player that day.

Can't see us risking many youngsters. There's only a few days to the derby and this is one of our last opportunities to ruin key players before a vital match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.