League Cup draw- City at Newcastle

Not looking forward to this at all especially considering the news that came out of the fans forum on Monday that the club dont see cup competitions as a priority and will use them to 'look at the squad players'.

Still Leeds got 6000 tickets for the last round so i imagine you will get similar which should at least guarantee a half decent atmosphere.

The mackems have also got a home draw which may affect what evening this game falls on.

ChrisNUFC said:
Not looking forward to this at all especially considering the news that came out of the fans forum on Monday that the club dont see cup competitions as a priority and will use them to 'look at the squad players'.

Still Leeds got 6000 tickets for the last round so i imagine you will get similar which should at least guarantee a half decent atmosphere.

The mackems have also got a home draw which may affect what evening this game falls on.

Think it's really shortsighted for a club like Newcastle not prioritising the cup. If Swansea can get a respectable league position and win the cup then Newcastle should be able to. When you think win 5 games and get a Europa cup place but more importantly some silverware any premier league club not in Europe should be able to put out a full strength team.

blueparrot said:
ChrisNUFC said:

Think it's really shortsighted for a club like Newcastle not prioritising the cup. If Swansea can get a respectable league position and win the cup then Newcastle should be able to. When you think win 5 games and get a Europa cup place but more importantly some silverware any premier league club not in Europe should be able to put out a full strength team.

I hate the modern ethos of clubs thinking they have to 'prioritise' and neglect certain competitions. It demonstrates a weak mentality and lack of ambition from the management that is likely to spread to the players. All stems from the 21st century idea of player burnout, which seems to give clubs an excuse not to even try competing in possibly 2 out of the 3 competitions in their season.

It now means that Newcastle will be judged solely on league performance which is looking to be average at best. Really don't get why clubs seem to play these weakened, shite teams in this competition, almost forfeiting the game as if it will miraculously boost their league performance. Strange.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Not a nice Draw at all.

Law of averages alone says Newcastle are due both a win of any kind against us and a Season with a decent domestic cup run in it.

Law of averages don't work in football. Best sides usually win. If we're up for it and prepare right,
which i'm sure we will, then no problem.

NEWCASTLE United’s Capital One Cup tie against Manchester City is to be shown live on TV.

And the decision by Sky Sports to screen the last-16 tie on Wednesday, October 30 (7.45pm kick-off) gives Alan Pardew’s side a welcome extra day to recover from the Wear-Tyne derby.

Italian Manc said:
NEWCASTLE United’s Capital One Cup tie against Manchester City is to be shown live on TV.

And the decision by Sky Sports to screen the last-16 tie on Wednesday, October 30 (7.45pm kick-off) gives Alan Pardew’s side a welcome extra day to recover from the Wear-Tyne derby.

Is this implying we won't welcome the extra day's rest?

kenzie115 said:
Italian Manc said:

Is this implying we won't welcome the extra day's rest?

I copied and pasted it from a Newcastle based publication

blueparrot said:
ChrisNUFC said:

i am not bothered what team they put out... we should beat them whoever they put in, but i want them to not try, so it is as easy as possible and we can go on and win our first trophy of the season... with our squad, player for player, we should be trying to create history and win the quadruple, and this is the easiest one to win...

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-man-city-cup-tie-to-be-shown-live-on-tv-1-6093693" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/footb ... -1-6093693</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.