League Cup draw, Sheff Wed home

Got "booed" by an Owl I know the other day! He was just kidding - crackin ' lad. They are well up for the night out though. I'll be on the train back with them as I live in N Derbys near Sheff, which is a great place. Need the Sheffield teams back in the top flight.

bluefish said:
lived in Sheffield back in the mid 70's when I was a stuuuudent!
Best mate was an owl and my landlord was a blade!!
Had some brilliant nights out there on very little money and must
say they are a friendly bunch in general and not afraid to put their
hands in their pockets....
Been to both grounds quite a few times .... no mither, but Bramall lane was looking a bit
tired when I went last.
Oh ....Sheffield was the first place I came across that sold huge ( see how I managed to avoid mass...) pickle
onions with fish and chips....loveeeerly.

Yeah remember those mandatory pickled onions with fish n chips on trips to my late Nan n Grandad nr Sheff in the 70s. Happy days!

Tbilisi said:
Was out in Sheffield Friday night with some old mates and they are all up for the game...will be getting tickets for a couple of them as they dont think they will get them through the club so expect them to sell out.

Yeah we have got to win this one mot only as we'll never hear the last of it Tblisi!

I'm thinking of coming from Doncaster (I'm not a Wednesday fan though) for this one if I can get an early finish from work.

I normally get the train but due to the time of the match I would be hard pushed to get back.

If I was going to drive;

Is there and recommended parking nearby?
What sort of prices do they charge?
How busy do the roads get on the way out with it being a midweek cup game?

Any help appreciated :)

lewis9111 said:
I'm thinking of coming from Doncaster (I'm not a Wednesday fan though) for this one if I can get an early finish from work.

I normally get the train but due to the time of the match I would be hard pushed to get back.

If I was going to drive;

There is plenty of parking at the ground itself the cost is £10 you can park near the ground for a £5 but it depends what time you arrive where you get .how I look at it is the difference is only a fiver I I know for a fact I can rock up 1 min to kick off and have a guaranteed space without the hassle of searching round and worrying what state my car will be in when I get back

plenty (ish) of free parking 5-10 minutes from the ground.

I cringe when I used to drive back from work past the scum stadium and see PARKING £20 catering for the tourist reds

£2 all day parking on Old Mill Street SIP car park near Great Ancoats Street. 15 mins walk from ground close to Metrolink and bus as well. And on direct walking route to Piccadilly Train station.

As above closer you get to the ground the higher the car parking charges

Zabbasbeard said:
Tbilisi said:
Was out in Sheffield Friday night with some old mates and they are all up for the game...will be getting tickets for a couple of them as they dont think they will get them through the club so expect them to sell out.

Yeah we have got to win this one mot only as we'll never hear the last of it Tblisi!

To give you an idea of our surroundings The Big Gun on the Wicker was one of them,and yes they are really up for it.

My mates Father In Law is kit man at Wednesday and hes a great lad...always want both the Sheffield clubs to do well.

lewis9111 said:

If I was going to drive;

come over on the Donny bus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.