League Cup draw, Sheff Wed home

Tbilisi said:
When they go on open sale Wed how many per Season card will you be able to get?
Six but you don't need a seasoncard. They are on open sale on Wednesday.

Tbilisi said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Tbilisi said:
Was out in Sheffield Friday night with some old mates and they are all up for the game...will be getting tickets for a couple of them as they dont think they will get them through the club so expect them to sell out.

Yeah we have got to win this one mot only as we'll never hear the last of it Tblisi!

To give you an idea of our surroundings The Big Gun on the Wicker was one of them,and yes they are really up for it.

My mates Father In Law is kit man at Wednesday and hes a great lad...always want both the Sheffield clubs to do well.

Yeah, me too. After looking out for our rivals results, I look out for Wednesday and United on a Saturday night next. Can't help but wish them both well (except when we play 'em of course). One thing I like about Sheff is people support the local teams. Not many rag shirts there. People pass it down.
The Big Gun, eh?! Not been there literally since 1986! Just after I finished at Poly.

So am I correct - you were at the Boxing Day Massacre Tblisi? Which end? 0-0 at HT wasn't it? Must have been some atmosphere! I was India at the time visiting family. When we left the UK, Blades were in the running for promotiion then just fell away with that result...

Heard about that poor bloke from Oughtibridge. Sad really. It must have calmed down by the time I went to Sheff Poly in '83, though I heard there was a bit of aggro involving Blues in a pub after the May day visit in 84 for a meaningless 0-0 draw.
Glad things are a bit more civilised now...

The sooner we get the Sheffields back up the better and easier the away trips (though the last trip to t'Lane got a bit er "tasty" as some would put it).

Zabbasbeard said:
Tbilisi said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Yeah we have got to win this one mot only as we'll never hear the last of it Tblisi!

To give you an idea of our surroundings The Big Gun on the Wicker was one of them,and yes they are really up for it.

My mates Father In Law is kit man at Wednesday and hes a great lad...always want both the Sheffield clubs to do well.

Yeah, me too. After looking out for our rivals results, I look out for Wednesday and United on a Saturday night next. Can't help but wish them both well (except when we play 'em of course). One thing I like about Sheff is people support the local teams. Not many rag shirts there. People pass it down.
The Big Gun, eh?! Not been there literally since 1986! Just after I finished at Poly.

So am I correct - you were at the Boxing Day Massacre Tblisi? Which end? 0-0 at HT wasn't it? Must have been some atmosphere! I was India at the time visiting family. When we left the UK, Blades were in the running for promotiion then just fell away with that result...

Heard about that poor bloke from Oughtibridge. Sad really. It must have calmed down by the time I went to Sheff Poly in '83, though I heard there was a bit of aggro involving Blues in a pub after the May day visit in 84 for a meaningless 0-0 draw.

The sooner we get the Sheffields back up the better and easier the away trips (though the last trip to t'Lane got a bit er "tasty" as some would put it).

Yes was there in The Eastbank,could see my Blades mates in the other end,felt sorry for them tbh.

Tbilisi said:
boxing day 79 said:
wish it was at maine rd

Not with all those alley ways in the middle of Moss Side you dont.

Remember a lad from Outibridge having his eye taken out with a bike chain in 79....not a good time to be a City fan in Sheffield.

Ps Like your name.....was at that game.
yeah allways a bit dodgy maine rd back in the day but used to love goin there,only been to etihad just the once and was a bit dissapointed tbh ,hopefully with the cheap tickets there shud be a gud atmos this time, we will be doin our bit lets hope you guys get it goin!

Tbilisi said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Tbilisi said:

Yes was there in The Eastbank,could see my Blades mates in the other end,felt sorry for them tbh.

"The Eastbank": not heard it called that for a while! It was a terrific vast open terrace though I got soaked on there a couple of times - once saw Andy Balir score a hat trick of pens for the Owls when they beat Luton, but it lagged it down that night.
In that first year at Shef Poly the lad who sat next to me was a Wednesdayite and we had a good rivalry. I'll never forget that massive 10,000 they brought to Maine Rd when we lost, sadly! When we took the lead with that deflected Kevin Bond free kick off Madden's shoulder (IIRC) I might have po-goed a bit more than the people round me on the Kippax because I really wanted to beat the Owls!
Really looking forward to this one.

boxing day 79 said:
Tbilisi said:
boxing day 79 said:
wish it was at maine rd

Remember a lad from Outibridge having his eye taken out with a bike chain in 79....not a good time to be a City fan in Sheffield.

yeah allways a bit dodgy maine rd back in the day but used to love goin there,only been to etihad just the once and was a bit dissapointed tbh ,hopefully with the cheap tickets there shud be a gud atmos this time, we will be doin our bit lets hope you guys get it goin!

Weren't you in mid table before you thrashed the Blades that day? And didn't it take off from there?

boxing day 79 said:
Tbilisi said:
boxing day 79 said:
wish it was at maine rd

If you're expecting some big match atmosphere forget it, and dust down your lower-division "just like a library" songs.

This is the smallest game of our entire season, and we will play our reserves. We won't fill the stadium or raise the roof. We will save that for bigger days ahead - no disrespect to Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.