League cup draw - United (a)

Disagree. The EFL Cup gives valuable opportunity to fringe players. For them to play in a Manchester derby would be fantastic experience.

For City, this is probably the least significant derby in a very long time.

no derby is insignificant. for the fans, club and players they all matter

Disagree. The EFL Cup gives valuable opportunity to fringe players. For them to play in a Manchester derby would be fantastic experience.

For City, this is probably the least significant derby in a very long time.

thats fair enough if both clubs play by the unofficials rules of playing youth, mou wont so the same cant be expected for us,were not going to bend over and take it. united are going to lose a few more games between now and the derby so he will prob be looking at the game to pacify the hoards if we field a young side

For those asking (apologies if this has been covered), the game will nearly certain to be on the Wednesday (26th), both us & United play on Sunday 23rd (us v Southampton at home, the Rags v Chelsea away after us that day so I pretty sure they wont have it on the Tuesday.

no derby is insignificant. for the fans, club and players they all matter

Fans yes. For the players and the club, I think it will be less significant. Long term goals this season are more important than short term wins and whilst it is always good to beat them and do well in any competition, it is not the be all and end all this season. I think we can give them a game with any side currently the way we play.

I think the strategy will be similar to last night with maybe a bit more flair in the side so one of Silva/De Bruyne playing.

The pressure will be more on United than City. They are at home and have lost one derby match this season.

Pep can afford to rotate, Jose may be forced to play his strongest team.

He's right. Our priorities by then:

Champs league
Prem
Youth development
League Cup win

Beating United in the league cup only serves the fans here, but financially we make pennies in that tournament compared to all the others. A champs league goal is worth more than a win in the league cup in terms of the money either brings into the club.

From United's pov, a league cup win against a rival could be priceless. Too early to tell, but they may not have rebounded by that stage and need a win. A win against a rival could be vital for their morale and Jose's sanity at that stage, whereas for us it's not that vital. Pep wont risk other tournaments over a league cup win. Jose will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.