League cup draw - United (a)

play the strongest team, with maybe garcia and go all out to win another cup, we aren't in the position ( never will be ) to dismiss winning a trophy. especially considering where we have come from

play the strongest team, with maybe garcia and go all out to win another cup, we aren't in the position ( never will be ) to dismiss winning a trophy. especially considering where we have come from

It's not about dismissing a trophy. It's about prioritising the others. I'm sure the club would prefer 3 points on the following Saturday, and going full strength against Utd compromises that.

If I were Pep I'd ring Jose and get an agreement on two weakened teams. It would suit both parties. Wishful thinking I guess.

It's not about dismissing a trophy. It's about prioritising the others. I'm sure the club would prefer 3 points on the following Saturday, and going full strength against Utd compromises that.

i dont think it does, we are good enough and the squad is good enough to play two demanding games like that close together - with a strong team out. i understand the priority argument, but we should be going after every cup.

i dont think it does, we are good enough and the squad is good enough to play two demanding games like that close together - with a strong team out. i understand the priority argument, but we should be going after every cup.

It's not just two games, though. It's incessant twice-weekly games at that time of year, and you risk injuring players through overplaying them. Of course we want to win the game, but I think we should treat it the same as if we had drawn Southampton or Norwich.

Why bother risking players when there are more important games don't think we need all hands on deck to beat the Rags anyway.

I think playing them in any game is an important game. Also playing our strongest team is best way because they will be playing there's against us.

No trophy given out at the end of the game so for me strongest team and rub their noses in it. Keeps our foot on their throat.

If I were Pep I'd ring Jose and get an agreement on two weakened teams. It would suit both parties. Wishful thinking I guess.
Haha like anyone would trust that tosser at the swamp.

Domestic treble (opening up a can of worms) rather than CL for me.

Think Pep will need another summer before we can really compete with the CL big boys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.