League cup draw - United (a)

If it's £45 it's £45. I've done my fair share of campaigning over ticket prices of late - particularly for away games - but I'm not sure why anyone would be expecting discounted prices for a Manchester derby. United don't do their own fans too many favours with regards to ticket prices and it's worth pointing out that before the £30 cap on away tickets came in this season we were charging their fans more than they were charging ours for the last few seasons.

If we spank them again it will be money well spent.

Was in the united paddock for that one, our allocation going much further round than for league games where we just had behind the goal. Not sure it stretched to 14,000, but it was certainly five figures.

Kicked off behind me in the upper tier, and as you say, outside after the game. Seem to recall the City fans singing "united are shit" for most of the second half for some reason, which was about 30 years early!

It was honestly just short of 14,000. As you say, we used to get that paddock right round the side for league games and for that one and that was about 8000 in itself.

It was a really gutting defeat, it goes without saying. At full time we couldn't get out of the terracing, and some of our mates were in the seats above. We climbed up a fence and tried to get over into the seats and my mate's slip-on boating shoe (height of fashion at the time!) fell off. He had to go home without a shoe.

its their only hope of reaching the CL and even that is iffy. they will put the strongest side possible out. we should play the kids. if we win it will be awesome, they will be ripped to fuck. if we lose it would be the most shallow of victories which would apart from giving them more games would release us to go for the proper trophies. win win.

Eh? Since when did the League Cup get you CL qualification?

Does he not mean that manure winning the Europa league is the only way for them to qualify for the CL as they wont finish high enough in the league.

Ha, not sure to be honest. Does he mean United will put out their strongest team for the Europa game rather than the tie against us?

Ha, not sure to be honest. Does he mean United will put out their strongest team for the Europa game rather than the tie against us?

It will depend how they're doing in the group by the time the cup game comes around. If they're looking good to qualify (doubtful) they they can afford to field a weaker side in the uefa game and a stronger side against us. If they're toiling then it will be a weaker team for cup but that Jose likes the league cup and it was a strongish team that played v Northampton town.

No way on this planet will any rag manager play a weakened side against us, and I would never expect us to play a weakened side against them, irrespective of what game it was. In the summer the so called friendly was expected to have full teams playing. If a manager from either side does pick a weakened side and they lose then they will receive all manner of flack from the fans. Anything said beforehand is mindgames IMO.

No way on this planet will any rag manager play a weakened side against us, and I would never expect us to play a weakened side against them, irrespective of what game it was. In the summer the so called friendly was expected to have full teams playing. If a manager from either side does pick a weakened side and they lose then they will receive all manner of flack from the fans. Anything said beforehand is mindgames IMO.
Yep, remember Ferguson playing kids every round and saying that it would continue, until he drew us in the semi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.