League cup draw - United (a)

i still don't think we will go full strength, even if they do. It's an admittance of weakness to go full strength and I bet Pep doesn't want that. And the competition, whether it's a derby or not, is fourth priority. We can put Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero on the bench to chase the game if we go a goal down.

If our reserves lose to their first team we shrug our shoulders
If our reserves lose to their reserves we shrug our shoulders
If our strongest team loses to theirs it's a blow, and a boost to them
If our strongest team loses to their reserves it's an even bigger blow

I reckon this will be the logic and it will be a similar team to the last round. They've got a right punishing schedule so I suspect they'll do the same.
He'll play our strongest team. I think people underestimate how big this fixture is now.

Totally agree, I still think pro footballers should be able to handle 2 games a week if they do everything correctly.

I get the feeling that a lot don't want us to play our strongest 11 so they can say it was only our 2nd team if we lose, it seems abit cowardly to me and it's what I feel Mourinho will do for the same reason, using the Liverpool & Chelsea games to justify playing 2nd string v us
If they are fit to play pick our strongest side and smash the fuckers, I'm pretty sure if we do nobody will be on here saying Pep did the wrong thing,
I would honestly prefer to rest players away to Barca as I think we lose the away leg anyway and put the best 11 out v United

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.