League cup draw - United (a)

i still don't think we will go full strength, even if they do. It's an admittance of weakness to go full strength and I bet Pep doesn't want that. And the competition, whether it's a derby or not, is fourth priority. We can put Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero on the bench to chase the game if we go a goal down.

If our reserves lose to their first team we shrug our shoulders
If our reserves lose to their reserves we shrug our shoulders
If our strongest team loses to theirs it's a blow, and a boost to them
If our strongest team loses to their reserves it's an even bigger blow

I reckon this will be the logic and it will be a similar team to the last round. They've got a right punishing schedule so I suspect they'll do the same.

Into Europa and on to cl.

Unless you think they will win that this year? To me They are 2 years off being any good.

I think they're more likely to finish in the top four this season, rather than trying to win the League Cup this year, to qualify for the Europa League next year, and then win that to qualify for the Champions League in 2018/19, if that's what you mean!

i still don't think we will go full strength, even if they do. It's an admittance of weakness to go full strength and I bet Pep doesn't want that. And the competition, whether it's a derby or not, is fourth priority. We can put Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero on the bench to chase the game if we go a goal down.

I reckon this will be the logic and it will be a similar team to the last round. They've got a right punishing schedule so I suspect they'll do the same.

Yeah, I can't see us going full strength for it. I just hope he doesn't opt for Caballero in net as he looked incredibly nervous with the ball at his feet against Swansea. I don't think my heart could handle a similar performance at Old Trafford.

He'll play our strongest team. I think people underestimate how big this fixture is now.

I actually think Mourinho will pick his team based on the above. The last thing he wants is his first eleven to lose to us again. He has the ready made excuse of tough fixtures either side. I think he'll put out a weakened team wiht a few regulars in the hope its enough to beat us if we put out a weakened team. Lets not forget the man is a shithouse.

Yeah, I can't see us going full strength for it. I just hope he doesn't opt for Caballero in net as he looked incredibly nervous with the ball at his feet against Swansea. I don't think my heart could handle a similar performance at Old Trafford.
Apart from trying to keep everyone happy I honestly see no point in rotating the keepers, especially with the crucial role they have in peps system. If we had a home draw to a lower league side then fine, but away to the scum we need a settled keeper and cb pairing - especially as the rags only tactic seems to be to lump it into the box and hope for confusion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.