League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

jimharri said:
i kne albert davy said:
jimharri said:
And a fat lot of good that did us last May.
We did have 10 outfield players on that day (well for most of the game) who couldn't manage a goal against Wigan Athletic.
Yes; I do realise that (still drying out from getting drenched on after the game). What I was trying (not too brilliantly, it has to be said), is that playing our first choice 'keeper didn't help us that day. And also, I suppose I was disappointed in what Bobby Manc did to Pants that day. He played all the way (IIRC) through the run to the final, only to be dropped on the big day.
Managers stand and fall by decisions they make,though that one had already fallen i reckon which probably had more to do with the result than playing the best keeper, Wouldn't bother me that much if pants plays and we win but I'll be pissed off if we were to lose a cup final while not playing our strongest 11. We are a top flight football club not a nursery school team where everybody gets a game to stop them crying.

Both used to lose 1-0 against sunderland, doesn't matter who's in the goal. More important that city can score 2+ goals.

Manchester_lalala said:
Our strongest team should be played, therefore it's hart in goal. Really don't rate pantilimon, got a mistake in him every game. Should be no way near our bench yet alone first choice.

Think that's a bit harsh on Pants. I certainly don't think he's got a mistake in him for every game.

With regards to his entitlement to be on the bench, I could come up with at least 5 players who shouldn't get on our bench but they do.

It has to be pants.

He's played in all domestic cup games and hasn't made any major blunders, he deserves his shot at winning a medal and it will also be recompense for being shamefully dropped for last May's final.

(I still think had he been in goal last May, he would have saved that shot, just by being so bloody tall).

Eaglechief said:
It has to be pants.

He's played in all domestic cup games and hasn't made any major blunders, he deserves his shot at winning a medal and it will also be recompense for being shamefully dropped for last May's final.

(I still think had he been in goal last May, he would have saved that shot, just by being so bloody tall).

May I ask for your definition of 'major blunder'? Did you not witness Blackburn's equaliser in the FAC this season?

There are countless examples of this goalkeeper who apparently 'has never let us down' producing ridiculously poor goalkeeping but for some bizarre reason he has a fan club on here who close their eyes to it. Some even believe that he's a better goalkeeper than Joe Hart. Staggering, quite staggering.

And don't get me started on this fabled myth concerning his 'superior distribution'. Never has a bigger lie taken hold in the history of the internet.

Pantillimon,he's been great for us in this comp and deserves a final at wembley,if we cant put trust in our reserve keeper then we should take all trust away from our reserve players too..
pot kettle and all that..

I've had a complete change of heart since last May. I was adamant back then that Pantilimon should have stayed in goal for the final, but now I think we should be picking our very best 11 for a game of this importance, and that means playing Hart in goal.

Boyata has played just as many Cap One games as Pantilimon this season, but I doubt there'll be much clamour for him to make the first 11. There's a trophy at stake so there's no room for sentiment or being 'fair'; we have to give ourselves the best chance possible of winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.