League Cup final tickets

Amazing this has gone to open sale, I popped on to buy a mate one. Years ago it was a nightmare trying to get a ticket, 1970, 1974/6 and 1981 although the replay was easier. There aren't a massive amount left, the game is two weeks today so I think it will sell out.

I don’t think it’s amazing. It seems like we have more games at Wembley than we have at the Etihad in recent seasons. Some blues who occasionally go to games would have had the chance to see us at Wembley by now, so the novelty has subsided. The goes for the City fans who have been to Wembley countless of times over the years. I personally would never turn down the chance to see us lift another trophy, but there’s more important things in life to other people.

I don’t think it’s amazing. It seems like we have more games at Wembley than we have at the Etihad in recent seasons. Some blues who occasionally go to games would have had the chance to see us at Wembley by now, so the novelty has subsided. The goes for the City fans who have been to Wembley countless of times over the years. I personally would never turn down the chance to see us lift another trophy, but there’s more important things in life to other people.

I get all that but like you I missed out all those lean years so I won't miss a final.

Amazing this has gone to open sale, I popped on to buy a mate one. Years ago it was a nightmare trying to get a ticket, 1970, 1974/6 and 1981 although the replay was easier. There aren't a massive amount left, the game is two weeks today so I think it will sell out.

Hardly amazing given we're getting to finals and semi's so regularly and given the astronomical cost of trains, season tickets, extra games in the Champs league(for now) at 50 quid etc I'd say it's totally understandable and to be expected.

I think Citys ticket sales are pretty impressive given that as a club we've been to Wembley so many times in the last decade.

We're approaching the 30,000 mark now and half the remaining tickets are those priced at £125 or £150.

We don't have the national fanbase of Man Utd or a Liverpool but City's fanbase is a lot bigger than it was. It grows slowly with the generations. Football fans are borne and then they die. Some may give up, no one switches.

Hi folks, I hope you don't mind me chipping in.

There's quite a few posts on here that I find disappointing and sad tbh. Fans of both teams and a symptom of modern football plus social media is that it is very easy to fish for a catch. I'm 50 this year and been a ST holder at Villa for 30 years. For those of a similar vintage there was always a mutual respect between the fans of the clubs late 80s and into the 90s. The likes of the two of us plus Everton, Spurs and even Sheff Wed were the clubs just outside of the so-called elite, knocking on the door. I remember City fans at VP wishing us luck in trying to pip Utd to the first Prem League trophy which as usual we came up short! You won the lottery and no Villa fans I know would begrudge you of that.
Any criticism of City's support is totally wrong, excellent in the old 3rd division and it has grown. Why would you be that bothered in visiting Wembley again for a trophy you hold v us? Against your neighbours or the scousers maybe. Only those two would fill Wembley regardless of the number of times they play there. So try not to bite too much to any stick or "bants" you get, it is part and parcel of today's football. I do take exception however to anyone comparing us to our neighbours, there support is pitiful and far more fickle than ours believe me (a Midlands trait is that people vote with their feet if not happy and it usually works).

I personally hope that you win the CL so good luck (UEFA's anti-English agenda). Take it easy on us at Wembley (we all expect to lose but hope we put up a better performance).

Most City fans know Villa are a good, big club whose fans are looking forward to the trip to Wembley. There’s bound to be a bit of banter and that sometimes adds to the occasion. For many of us, our favourite day before the last decade was the Paul Power FA Cup semi final at Villa Park against Ipswich.

I have to confess that my mum saw a group of young teenagers near the ground who looked bored (Aston in 81). She suggested that they offer to mind people’s cars to get some money, like always happened in Moss Side. Apologies if we made parking more expensive for the Villans over the last 40 years.

Ps: we shared a top bloke and manager in Joe Mercer. Ron Saunders wasn’t so good for us and Billy McNeil left both Clubs in a spot of bother.

As of 11am today, we have sold 28,964 of our 33,534 allocation (86% sold)

4,570 left

Level 1....810

Level 2.....1,504

Level 5.....2,256

Can you imagine how low sales would get if we get to a semi in the FA cup again!

An excellent post. Questions can be asked about the loyalty of some of Villas support over the years judging by the evidence of their attendances. However I would say I had a look at the Villa fans forum following the UEFA nonsense and many comments did support us, criticise ffp and generally wish us well as we prepare to take on these jokers.
Agree our fans can be seen as fickle, it comes from a history of hitting Doug Ellis in the only place it hurt to force change and more often than not worked. I wasn't one as I love my live football and social fix too much!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.