League Cup final tickets

I’ve been a fan since 1974 and in that time I’ve always considered Villa to be the most fickle of fickle fans. Never liked them. Give me West Brom any day.
Will be hilarious if they get relegated as they have spent a lot of money on dross and it’s not working. Those players will be on high wages and difficult to move on in the championship.

Will be hilarious if they get relegated as they have spent a lot of money on dross and it’s not working. Those players will be on high wages and difficult to move on in the championship.
They might be having exactly the same thoughts about City outside the CL.

There are some of us who've been with City through thin, thinner and now success. Living in South West, I only get to 2 or 3 matches each season: one of them this year will be Wembley with the boy (who doesn't know yet). So a big thank you to regulars who are ahead of me in the ticket preferences but aren't going to **** on the Villa: we'll be singing behind the Blues on your behalf too!

Hi folks, I hope you don't mind me chipping in.

There's quite a few posts on here that I find disappointing and sad tbh. Fans of both teams and a symptom of modern football plus social media is that it is very easy to fish for a catch. I'm 50 this year and been a ST holder at Villa for 30 years. For those of a similar vintage there was always a mutual respect between the fans of the clubs late 80s and into the 90s. The likes of the two of us plus Everton, Spurs and even Sheff Wed were the clubs just outside of the so-called elite, knocking on the door. I remember City fans at VP wishing us luck in trying to pip Utd to the first Prem League trophy which as usual we came up short! You won the lottery and no Villa fans I know would begrudge you of that.
Any criticism of City's support is totally wrong, excellent in the old 3rd division and it has grown. Why would you be that bothered in visiting Wembley again for a trophy you hold v us? Against your neighbours or the scousers maybe. Only those two would fill Wembley regardless of the number of times they play there. So try not to bite too much to any stick or "bants" you get, it is part and parcel of today's football. I do take exception however to anyone comparing us to our neighbours, there support is pitiful and far more fickle than ours believe me (a Midlands trait is that people vote with their feet if not happy and it usually works).

I personally hope that you win the CL so good luck (UEFA's anti-English agenda). Take it easy on us at Wembley (we all expect to lose but hope we put up a better performance).

Last edited:

There's quite a few posts on here that I find disappointing and sad tbh. Fans of both teams and a symptom of modern football plus social media is that it is very easy to fish for a catch. I'm 50 this year and been a ST holder at Villa for 30 years. For those of a similar vintage there was always a mutual respect between the fans of the clubs late 80s and into the 90s. The likes of the two of us plus Everton, Spurs and even Sheff Wed were the clubs just outside of the so-called elite, knocking on the door. I remember City fans at VP wishing us luck in trying to pip Utd to the first Prem League trophy which as usual we came up short! You won the lottery and no Villa fans I know would begrudge you of that.
Any criticism of City's support is totally wrong, excellent in the old 3rd division and it has grown. Why would you be that bothered in visiting Wembley again for a trophy you hold v us? Against your neighbours or the scousers maybe. Only those two would fill Wembley regardless of the number of times they play there. So try not to bite too much to any stick or "bants" you get, it is part and parcel of today's football. I do take exception however to anyone comparing us to our neighbours, there support is pitiful and far more fickle than ours believe me (a Midlands trait is that people vote with their feet if not happy and it usually works).

I personally hope that you win the CL so good luck (UEFA's anti-English agenda). Take it easy on us at Wembley (we all expect to lose but hope we put up a better performance).

Any respect for yous disappeared after your fucking nobs were waving fake money at us

Fuck villa

Well said mate a refreshing change to see a rival fan talk some sense, the annoying thing is there is a whole generation been fed this nonsense we have no fans , before we won the lottery and everything that came with it we was widely know for our loyalty and praised for the numbers turning up home and away , in the lower leagues we would regularly sell out 5/6 thousand away ends when allocation allowed it , all that seems to be forgotten , social media has played a huge part in spreading this narrative about our fan base , which is totally unfair , we don’t sell out a few cup games but then we are not alone . I’ve never minded Villa a big club who should be part of the premier league but some of the comments I’ve read towards us and our fans is just typical of today’s generation . Older match going fans know the truth about our loyalty and numbers . Enjoy the final mate but hope you don’t win of course

An excellent post. Questions can be asked about the loyalty of some of Villas support over the years judging by the evidence of their attendances. However I would say I had a look at the Villa fans forum following the UEFA nonsense and many comments did support us, criticise ffp and generally wish us well as we prepare to take on these jokers.

Amazing this has gone to open sale, I popped on to buy a mate one. Years ago it was a nightmare trying to get a ticket, 1970, 1974/6 and 1981 although the replay was easier. There aren't a massive amount left, the game is two weeks today so I think it will sell out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.