League Cup final tickets

Most City fans know Villa are a good, big club whose fans are looking forward to the trip to Wembley. There’s bound to be a bit of banter and that sometimes adds to the occasion. For many of us, our favourite day before the last decade was the Paul Power FA Cup semi final at Villa Park against Ipswich.

I have to confess that my mum saw a group of young teenagers near the ground who looked bored (Aston in 81). She suggested that they offer to mind people’s cars to get some money, like always happened in Moss Side. Apologies if we made parking more expensive for the Villans over the last 40 years.

Ps: we shared a top bloke and manager in Joe Mercer. Ron Saunders wasn’t so good for us and Billy McNeil left both Clubs in a spot of bother.

Great post - unfortunately Villa Park has been Utd's favourite away ground for too long and we have a shocking record against them. Maine Road was always a cracking day out especially when away fans had the Platt Lane End with the benches, loved it.

Hi folks, I hope you don't mind me chipping in.

There's quite a few posts on here that I find disappointing and sad tbh. Fans of both teams and a symptom of modern football plus social media is that it is very easy to fish for a catch. I'm 50 this year and been a ST holder at Villa for 30 years. For those of a similar vintage there was always a mutual respect between the fans of the clubs late 80s and into the 90s. The likes of the two of us plus Everton, Spurs and even Sheff Wed were the clubs just outside of the so-called elite, knocking on the door. I remember City fans at VP wishing us luck in trying to pip Utd to the first Prem League trophy which as usual we came up short! You won the lottery and no Villa fans I know would begrudge you of that.
Any criticism of City's support is totally wrong, excellent in the old 3rd division and it has grown. Why would you be that bothered in visiting Wembley again for a trophy you hold v us? Against your neighbours or the scousers maybe. Only those two would fill Wembley regardless of the number of times they play there. So try not to bite too much to any stick or "bants" you get, it is part and parcel of today's football. I do take exception however to anyone comparing us to our neighbours, there support is pitiful and far more fickle than ours believe me (a Midlands trait is that people vote with their feet if not happy and it usually works).

I personally hope that you win the CL so good luck (UEFA's anti-English agenda). Take it easy on us at Wembley (we all expect to lose but hope we put up a better performance).

When football in the city Birmingham was at a fairly low ebb in the late 1980’s the full season average home attendances were as low as 9k at WBA,6k at Birmingham and 4K at Wolves
Villa dropped to 15k at this time so what you say is correct

however don’t you ever sing where were you when you were shit you hypocritical inbred brummie twats

I think Citys ticket sales are pretty impressive given that as a club we've been to Wembley so many times in the last decade.

We're approaching the 30,000 mark now and half the remaining tickets are those priced at £125 or £150.

We don't have the national fanbase of Man Utd or a Liverpool but City's fanbase is a lot bigger than it was. It grows slowly with the generations. Football fans are borne and then they die. Some may give up, no one switches.

That's a fair point. Of the 50,000 + Blues who attend games at the Etihad a percentage would probably not (or can't) travel to Wembley anyway, for various reasons - cost, shit KO time, travel complications, etc. Add to that the fact that some have had enough of Wembley (I can't understand that, but it seems to be the case). Plus, no disrespect to Villa but they don't offer the glamour of, say, Chelsea last year. I think that 30k is a decent turnout under the circumstances. Not many will now be persuaded to pay £125/£150 for this game.

An excellent post. Questions can be asked about the loyalty of some of Villas support over the years judging by the evidence of their attendances. However I would say I had a look at the Villa fans forum following the UEFA nonsense and many comments did support us, criticise ffp and generally wish us well as we prepare to take on these jokers.
They are not that fickle. I can remember Villa getting 48,000 in the old Division 3 in 1972 (think against Bournemouth) It was the record crowd for the third tier till it was beaten by another great old club, Sheffield Wedneday, in 1979. Proper matchgoing fans have respect for each other and their clubs. Forget the social media fanboys who think football started in 1992.

Has anybody received their tickets in the post yet?
I ordered and paid for mine on 6th Feb. and it has not been delivered in the post yet.
I am hoping it has not"got lost in the post".
The confirmation mail said "tickets will be posted 2-3 weeks before the match" in City TO lingo that means arriving the Friday before. ;-)

Hi folks, I hope you don't mind me chipping in.

There's quite a few posts on here that I find disappointing and sad tbh. Fans of both teams and a symptom of modern football plus social media is that it is very easy to fish for a catch. I'm 50 this year and been a ST holder at Villa for 30 years. For those of a similar vintage there was always a mutual respect between the fans of the clubs late 80s and into the 90s. The likes of the two of us plus Everton, Spurs and even Sheff Wed were the clubs just outside of the so-called elite, knocking on the door. I remember City fans at VP wishing us luck in trying to pip Utd to the first Prem League trophy which as usual we came up short! You won the lottery and no Villa fans I know would begrudge you of that.
Any criticism of City's support is totally wrong, excellent in the old 3rd division and it has grown. Why would you be that bothered in visiting Wembley again for a trophy you hold v us? Against your neighbours or the scousers maybe. Only those two would fill Wembley regardless of the number of times they play there. So try not to bite too much to any stick or "bants" you get, it is part and parcel of today's football. I do take exception however to anyone comparing us to our neighbours, there support is pitiful and far more fickle than ours believe me (a Midlands trait is that people vote with their feet if not happy and it usually works).

I personally hope that you win the CL so good luck (UEFA's anti-English agenda). Take it easy on us at Wembley (we all expect to lose but hope we put up a better performance).

Hi mate don't listen to all that's been said. I personally have no issues with Villa and always seen your fans as loyal and always been brilliant when I have been Villa Park. You were still pulling in a solid 30+ thousand down in the Championship.

I think what irks alot of us blues is we don't get the credit our support deserves we have always been there when we were shit. You look at attendance records and we have consistently been in the top 6 or 7 supported teams in this country. In 99 we were getting roughly 30,000 in the 3rd tier, just annoying when fans of other clubs say we have no fans.

As for sales in the league cup final it is slow but I think it will sell out. I am going and I can't wait buzzing for it. It is expensive going to Wembley 3 or 4 times a season and our core support is still in and around Manchester, we arent like the the Scousers or Trafford lot where we have thousand of glory hunters down south who can take up demand.

Anyway I hope it's a great final obviously want us to smash you haha, but enjoy and may the best team win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.