LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

mancity61 said:
jimharri said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Think too many believe what they are told. We weren't shit 1st half. We was just avin' a look.
They caught us on the hop. After that we too good.
Hate to break it to you, but we were shite in that opening 45 minutes. I suppose some of the credit for that has to go to the Mackems for not allowing us to play, but we did seem very flat in that opening period. There seemed to be no spark out there. The second half was better, though still nowhere near the level we were performing at back in the autumn. At the end of the day though, we have a reason to break out the duraglit!

That sapping Wembley pitch is a great leveller, it doesn't seem to matter who we paly there it's always a slog and to come through with a victory is tremendous. Sunderland must have fancied a backs to the wall Moyes like approach would prevail.
I hate hearing anything negative said about Moyes.... Ever!i just hope he stays in his job forever and ever... :D

History will reflect we won!! Nobody cares who came second. Please please please go forward from this. It's ours to lose!

bennyboy said:
Cometh the hour cometh Yaya.
All started from a fecked up free kick as well.

I was still moaning about what a fricking mess we'd made of that free kick when BOOOOOMMMMM!!!

Yaya is undoubtedly the biggest big game player of all time.

One down, three to go..............

Sunderland did well first half and made us look ordinary.

The second half proved to be different and we played at a higher tempo.

Fantastic goal by YaYa who proved yet again that he is the man for the big occasion.

The Nasri finish only a minute later was perfect timing to knock Sunderland's confidence and put us in the driving seat. Great technique by Nasri.

Delighted for Pellegrini who wins his first trophy in Europe. Long overdue, glad he did it with City.

rnblade said:
History will reflect we won!! Nobody cares who came second. Please please please go forward from this. It's ours to lose!
wtf is happening to you?

I'd love to win but if we come second it's no drama. We've been in worse situations over the years.... Even to this day I promise you I'm just happy to think we'll never be in a relegation battle.

Fuck everyone else, I'll care if we come second. I'll care if we come 5th ffs.

As a Sunderland supporter I’d like to congratulate you on your League Cup win. You were the better team, and we couldn’t contend with two world class goals, or your better players.

I came on to your forum because I’m interested in how you view your success. I don’t hate Manchester City like I hate Manchester United or Chelsea, because I think our clubs (Sunderland and Manchester City) are similar …. years spent in the shadow of rivals, potentially big clubs but with no success or investment, but with passionate and humble fans.

Of course I’m jealous of where you are at …. nut I don’t begrudge your success …. you deserve it, but please stay grounded and respectful of other clubs (unlike Manchester United or Chelsea). I still cheer for Manchester City in Europe and I hope that won’t change.

Uber Blue said:
Cobwebcat said:

Especially the one that has the scoreline as 'wages 3 - Sunderland 1.' Just remind me again, who's just signed a contract for the highest wages in UK football?

Thick fucks.
Liked this one at the bottom of page 8;

''I think you missed my point.

Toure was virtually unchallenged but kept the ball neatly closely his feet and his head up. It was no magical play but rather solid, quality work that Fellaini is incapable of. We needed a midfielder who had already mastered the basics of midfield play rather than a hairy Peter Crouch.''

Comparing bogbrush head to a hairy Peter Crouch; priceless!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.