League Title or CL Final?

The league over the CL final any day. If you're asking if I'd take the league over the CL then this season yes, next season no. We're established in the league and winning the title this season would make it 3 in 5 seasons. Then I'd be happy to finish second or third and win the CL.

The whole dissection of the CL performances is bollocks. We've beaten Bayern, shown true fight and quality to beat them and then beat Roma, in Rome to qualify for the knockouts and gave Barca a better go of it than any other side managed in Europe. We just don't win ugly when we need to. Sometimes the emphasis on attacking gifts opposition chances. We need to grow in confidence and show a better ability to see games out. Head to head record counts more than goal difference initially so we should be looking to settle if we're 1-0 up and play on the counter as most teams would.

How can people say we're a "good few years" from competing in CL. What do we expect to change in those next few years? If anything our current crop of star players like Serg will be getting older.
On paper our squad is among the best and no reason we shouldn't be competing for it now.

What's on paper doesn't matter, you could have a squad of the world XI and it wouldn't make a difference, you need to know how to play the game, people question our league performances compared to CL performances and the league is miles apart from the CL in the sense of style of play. Look at Chelsea a few years back, completely want in the league (finished 7th) but beat Barca in the CL final because of the negative cautious approach.

We're unable to play at that level yet, we're trying to add flair into the CL and it doesn't work, I understand why we're doing it as we want to be remembered as the club that won the CL with flair and an agresive style but as Juve proved were not given the time nor space to do this. I reckon in the next 3 years we'll reach a final and play the style 90% of the way the majority of clubs do.

I think that Manchester City needs a CL Final in order to get more support and more Status around the world. It would be great for the club to reach it and even greater if we can manage to win it.

The League for me. If we can keep winning, then I'd like to be alive the day we get to 21. It's a big ask but if we can keep ticking them off that'd be something to look forward to! Just think of the slow torment that those fuckers would suffer as we inexorably whittle down their total.

-)

Mind you, by then our biggest local derbies might be against FCUM instead.

Plus if we keep winning the league then at least we're in the pot for the CL, a cup competition where you need luck as much as anything. It will come in time, probably, but the reality is that the priority has to be the league. Every time.

CL Final of course. There is nothing to prove for this team in England any more, there is fucking lot to do in Europe. CL final would get loads of the pressure from whole club's back and make us come to the top of the game.to even

I know that fans usually love league titles more but in same time I find it pathetic that many of you are going against wish of those that made City to even be able to be talked about either of those two. It's stupid and selfish.

Difficult one, considering that we haven't really progressed enough in Europe I would have to say CL final

The league over the CL final any day. If you're asking if I'd take the league over the CL then this season yes, next season no. We're established in the league and winning the title this season would make it 3 in 5 seasons. Then I'd be happy to finish second or third and win the CL.

The whole dissection of the CL performances is bollocks. We've beaten Bayern, shown true fight and quality to beat them and then beat Roma, in Rome to qualify for the knockouts and gave Barca a better go of it than any other side managed in Europe. We just don't win ugly when we need to. Sometimes the emphasis on attacking gifts opposition chances. We need to grow in confidence and show a better ability to see games out. Head to head record counts more than goal difference initially so we should be looking to settle if we're 1-0 up and play on the counter as most teams would.

It is not about single matches. I could tell you that some smaller teams like Olympiakos or even BATE have shown similar in the league and had the odd one match in which they let the big guys struggle.

I think it is a problem of style or a problem of the EPL. It is not enough to be good in the EPL to be able to be in the top of Europe. Teams like Barcelona, Bayern, Real, PSG can play their usual game in the Champions League until atleast the big matches in the end without really changing or adapting their playing style. The data of e.g. Barcelona or Bayern - possession stats, shots per game, results etc. was similar to their league results no matter if it was the league or Champions League.

Yes - Bayern adapts their match to the opponent, too. Some matches they operate with more long balls, sometimes more through the center or sometimes they will attack over the wings. But - the outcome and the numbers do not change. Barcelona probably does not change anything - they have Messi.

Winning in the EPL for your team right now is just a question of being 100% focused and take the match serious. You cannot tell the same about your CL campaigns. And I do not mean matches against the top 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.