Led Zeppelin

I was staggered to find out they only ever released one song in UK charts. I think it was Whole lot of love and years after it was released in the US. 1997. Strange one that. Mind you, when you sold as many albums as they did then who needed singles . Led Zeppelin 2 was my fav.

The UK mainstream radio stations didnt play rock music like Led Zep, Sabbath etc like they did in the States so what would be the point in releasing singles that never got played on the radio, UK mainstream radio was all based around pop.

Madness I know but the term 1 hit wonder is just that. 1 top 40 chart single. Never to be heard of again. Led who?

Err, where exactly is the official definition of one hit wonder?

Wikipedia reckons a one hit wonder is "any entity that achieves mainstream popularity, often for only one piece of work, and becomes known among the general public solely for that momentary success. The term is most commonly used in regard to music performers with only one top-40 hit single that overshadows their other work. Sometimes, artists dubbed "one-hit wonders" in a particular country have had great success in other countries."

Led Zep are not known to the general public for just one top 40 hit; nor are sundry other bands appearing on that other thread and I commented on that absurdity there.

Zep are not one hit wonders nor are Blue Oyster Cult and many other bands of their ilk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.