Led Zeppelin

Now I hold LedZep as the best band to ever graced our planet. As a drummer I love the revolutionary sounds of John Bonham, and there is not one drummer I know who hasnt a Bonhamian sound.

But I’m putting my neck out. I like a few of Robbie’s numbers as well. Granted a majority are grindingly bad and fillers not worth putting out a b-side for. But I like te Swing When Youre Winning album full of jazz covers, I like Angels and She’s The One. But the other songs are just drillbits in the ears. Could have been sung by a better personality of course.

Now I hold LedZep as the best band to ever graced our planet. As a drummer I love the revolutionary sounds of John Bonham, and there is not one drummer I know who hasnt a Bonhamian sound.

But I’m putting my neck out. I like a few of Robbie’s numbers as well. Granted a majority are grindingly bad and fillers not worth putting out a b-side for. But I like te Swing When Youre Winning album full of jazz covers, I like Angels and She’s The One. But the other songs are just drillbits in the ears. Could have been sung by a better personality of course.

The original and best version.

I was staggered to find out they only ever released one song in UK charts. I think it was Whole lot of love and years after it was released in the US. 1997. Strange one that. Mind you, when you sold as many albums as they did then who needed singles . Led Zeppelin 2 was my fav.

Robert Plant's old Aston Martin DB5 for sale

http://ledzepnews.com/2017/12/12/ph...viously-owned-by-robert-plant-is-up-for-sale/

JpvJ7NPm.jpg

I was staggered to find out they only ever released one song in UK charts. I think it was Whole lot of love and years after it was released in the US. 1997. Strange one that. Mind you, when you sold as many albums as they did then who needed singles . Led Zeppelin 2 was my fav.

That would make them a One-Hit Wonder, based on some of the daft logic of certain posters on the thread of same name.

That would make them a One-Hit Wonder, based on some of the daft logic of certain posters on the thread of same name.
Not daft, correct. They had 1 hit, if it got in the top 40, therefore a 1 hit wonder by the rules of the game.

It's not fucking hard.

Now if it was albums they wouldn't be on anyone's list. Or songs that should be singles but weren't. They would rock that. When the Levee Breaks.

Not daft, correct. They had 1 hit, if it got in the top 40, therefore a 1 hit wonder by the rules of the game.

It's not fucking hard.

Now if it was albums they wouldn't be on anyone's list. Or songs that should be singles but weren't. They would rock that. When the Levee Breaks.

Communication Breakdown

It's not fucking hard.

I think that's silly. One Hit Wonders should be confined to bands with one massive single but from whom the outside world effectively never heard from again, not popular artists who were AOR-focused as opposed to singles-focused but only had one song chart.

I think that's silly. One Hit Wonders should be confined to bands with one massive single but from whom the outside world effectively never heard from again, not popular artists who were AOR-focused as opposed to singles-focused but only had one song chart.
Madness I know but the term 1 hit wonder is just that. 1 top 40 chart single. Never to be heard of again. Led who?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.