Led Zeppelin

img-1-1714837963395.webp

The UK mainstream radio stations didnt play rock music like Led Zep, Sabbath etc like they did in the States so what would be the point in releasing singles that never got played on the radio, UK mainstream radio was all based around pop.
Much like now to be honest. You have the odd artist that ‘crosses over’ from 6 music but it’s rare. UK ‘alternative’ in the UK is predominantly in the land of 6 music and is therefor coined as ‘6 Music Dad’. Mainstream radio is dominated by pop music entirely thanks to the temporary prominence of TikTok and of course the major labels driving the algorithms.

Interestingly in the states thanks to college radio, ‘alternative’ means something else and you’ll see younger and diverse audiences watching bands in their droves.

I work in the ‘industry‘ and as much as I love it, I do feel somewhat out of step with the genre I have based myself within but bands are my passion and I continuously hope they will be back and in a big way again soon.

Back on topic, my favourite Zep album is Physical Graffiti, if I had a Time Machine I would have loved to have seen them. I nearly went to the 02 for the one off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.