Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue | Unveiled (pg19)

bugsyblue said:
Please no. No statues outside COMS for me. Even if Mancini goes on to win 100 trophies I don't want any statues. I just find it tacky.

Name stands after players/managers but just not statues.

I agree.

mancitymick said:
If you want to see statues of ex Man City players, there is two outside the swamp

very true and they named their road after one of ours too

I see where you are coming from but there are other equally deserving cases from the 1968 team, not to mention the likes of Bert Trautmann who would be my number one choice.

Much as I hate to say it we don't have any single individuals who have shaped club history as much as (gulp) Baconface or Busby.

Have I missed something. Has Bacon face died, if so didn't even make the stop press in the MEN.

Nice touch the statue he was a great servant to our neighbours

urban genie said:
the timeline pics around the ground and memorial garden are fitting enough for me maybe when the whole area is redeveloped they could have some tributes along the walkways, If we do have a statue how about a colossus of rhodes sized one of ricky holden where b of the bang was

Good one. How about a group piece with Carl Shutt, Darren Wassall and Craig Russell. That would sum up our past well.

Why don't people want statues? It's like people are subsribing to the view "we have no history" when we do!
I'm too young to remember the Mercer and Allison era and before but I have for a long time thought that era deserves recognition as it was and still is the clubs most successful period.
Personally I would like to see a permanent tribute to Mercer and Allison and maybe some other tribute to club legends like Swift, Trautman, Bell, Lee, Summberbee, Young, etc.
Whether it be a statue, or some other gesture doesn't matter to me but to dismiss it like we're not good enough for it puzzles me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.