"Lee Mason. Oh Dear"

I've enjoyed this thread, and whilst I don't harbour any real conspiracy theories, I think the facts and figures that Chris has presented are both fascinating and worrying.

On a side note, we know a fair few tabloid hacks read this site and they've nicked stuff from here before. I wonder why they haven't nicked this one ?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pam said:

How do we know this? And if it's true, why is he allowed to officiate ANY of our games, or ANY scum game for that matter?

Because he pledges official allegiance to Bolton. However, a number of Blues on here, whom I have no reason to doubt, know the family and have stated they are all reds

And the FA are not aware of these rumours?

Pam said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Pam said:
How do we know this? And if it's true, why is he allowed to officiate ANY of our games, or ANY scum game for that matter?

Because he pledges official allegiance to Bolton. However, a number of Blues on here, whom I have no reason to doubt, know the family and have stated they are all reds

And the FA are not aware of these rumours?

No idea.

He's doing the Fulham/Wiggin game today as a late sub for Lee Probert.

Can he do us as well or will a switch be made?

Deepest Blue said:
He's doing the Fulham/Wiggin game today as a late sub for Lee Probert.

Can he do us as well or will a switch be made?

No way can that fat git do 2 games in the same weekend.

We will have one of todays 4th officals i'ld expect

I'm usually just a viewer but after reading the blog I felt a need to register and jog a few memories.

Does anyone remember Mason's shocking performance in this game:

351bc6h.jpg

Home to Wigan January 2009.

It came to mind as that image was an enduring one which stayed with me for a while, it typified his performance.

He sent off Dunnie in the same fixture.

35c036e.jpg

(Unrelated to the forceful complaints in the first photo from the same fixture)

And earlier that season:

r1zxvd.jpg

Middlesbrough away October 2008.

Another particularly 'poor' performance from Mason, I also recall he gave a crucial penalty to Middlesbrough for a challenge Sturridge made that was in fact outside the area, his linesman directly opposite the challenge didn't flag if I recall correctly.

Both games were characterised by their bitty, stop and start nature with countless puzzling decisions, large and small.

The examples I have listed are off the top of my head and I attended both games, I'm sure there are more examples.

Food for thought, maybe?

Just to add, it wasn't Carragher who lunged in two-footed, it was Glen Johnson on Lescott, and he wasn't booked, it wasn't even blown-up as a foul.

Good ol' Mason.

Just found the gif.

BmQV5.gif

Mason saw it, he was stood no more than 10 yards away, hence no retrospective action from the FA.

c-t-i-d-87 said:
Just to add, it wasn't Carragher who lunged in two-footed, it was Glen Johnson on Lescott, and he wasn't booked, it wasn't even blown-up as a foul.

Good ol' Mason.

Quite right. Can't remember what carragher was booked for in fact.

If you can be arsed, look up the last city home game he reffed in the league - city v wolves (4-3) season 10-11

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.