Leeds 2015/16 thread

He shouldn't be criticised for taking the job. Football management is hugely competitive and you've got to take the opportunities when they come along, unless you're an established name, which he certainly wasn't. Of course he thought he'd be different from his predecessors. If you don't back yourself in that line of work you're finished before you've started.

I fear his next opportunity may be his last. Career wise, he's in a fucking jungle.

I wish him all the very best, obviously. Don't normally approach ex-players when I see them knocking about, but went up to Uwe before the cup final in '11 and told him I thought he was "fucking brilliant". Any blue my age will understand why. Top bloke and a proper blue, no doubt.

Good luck next time Uwe.

I think he's a better manager than his stints in his last 2 jobs have shown. Did a great job at Brentford and when taking over at Wigan took them from a lowly position into the play-offs where exhaustion of playing something like a near 70 game season surely had a hand in seeing them not make the final, knocked us out of the FA Cup quarter-final, and very nearly knocked Arsenal out of the semi. In the close season Whelan started selling off all their better players and that was reflected in the results when the new season started - I reckon he'd have easily kept them up though given the chance.

The Leeds job was always going to be a posioned chalice and they got off to a half decent start but recent results haven't helped and that chairman of theirs is never going to give anyone any time to turn it round.

I think he's a better manager than his stints in his last 2 jobs have shown. Did a great job at Brentford and when taking over at Wigan took them from a lowly position into the play-offs where exhaustion of playing something like a near 70 game season surely had a hand in seeing them not make the final, knocked us out of the FA Cup quarter-final, and very nearly knocked Arsenal out of the semi. In the close season Whelan started selling off all their better players and that was reflected in the results when the new season started - I reckon he'd have easily kept them up though given the chance.
The Leeds job was always going to be a posioned chalice and they got off to a half decent start but recent results haven't helped and that chairman of theirs is never going to give anyone any time to turn it round.
You make some good points about his tenure at Wigan, but a persuasive argument could be made the other way. That said, I think he possibly is better than the outcomes of the last two jobs too, which is why I haven't written him off, but I think his next job is most likely his last opportunity, as if he fails again there'll be younger potential appointees without any blemishes on their CVs who'll be deemed a better risk, right or wrong. The graveyard of former football mangers who cannot get a similar job again is a hugely crowded one, and there's always new recruits coming through. When you look at the numbers it's eye watering, especially as the majority of players fancy a job in football management, I reckon.

I'm sure he's aware of the challenge ahead.

I suppose Steve Evans' appointment is good news for local MacDonald's and KFC staff, who will now be looking forward to a very busy season.

Sadly Rosler's stock is falling, another dismissal. Something lacking for him unfortunately, his inability to watch his team take penalties is one of those things that casts doubts. Love the guy though.

Can happily loathe Leeds again now with him gone and that evil, horrible excuse for a human being taken over there.

Lasted longer than I expected with them lot having a muppet in the directorbox claiming he owns them.
Can't make up my mind about Rosler and managing footballteams. Great at Brentford, great start at Wigan, but than lost it somehow with a big thank you to the inconsistency and impatience by the owners at Wigan and now Leeds. He needs to think hard for making the right choice of clubs next time.

Going to manage Leeds is stupid. You know exactly what will happen as the owner is a lunatic.

But incredibly they'll be a queue of guys all desperate to take the job when Evans is inevitably relieved of his position. Even more stupid is the fact that most of them will have a CV that looks like a disaster waiting to happen and should send alarm bells ringing in the ears of even the most naive chairman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.