Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Tonight's win has proven his team selection for this was completely justified.
hmm, to a certain degree yes as the key players did look fresh and whether they would have been as fresh playing 60 minutes on the weekend as apposed to 30 minutes (Gundogan) 15 minutes (Foden) I don't know I'm not a sports scientist. The only other three that started were Stones, Zinchenko and Silva.
What it doesn't excuse is loosing at home in a must win match to put 3 points on the board to a team down to 10 men or does it?
I guess its a game of statistics and probabilities and chances. Maybe Pep thought this was going to be the tougher game out of the next say 4 matches in the PL, which is why we did see all those changes and he took that risk with all those changes before the biggest game of the season (last night) It will only feel justifiable to me once all those points are on the board. But that's just my take on it especially with that lot breathing down on us.
That's why I'll never be a football manager at the highest level for the greatest club in the world

hmm, to a certain degree yes as the key players did look fresh and whether they would have been as fresh playing 60 minutes on the weekend as apposed to 30 minutes (Gundogan) 15 minutes (Foden) I don't know I'm not a sports scientist. The only other three that started were Stones, Zinchenko and Silva.
What it doesn't excuse is loosing at home in a must win match to put 3 points on the board to a team down to 10 men or does it?
I guess its a game of statistics and probabilities and chances. Maybe Pep thought this was going to be the tougher game out of the next say 4 matches in the PL, which is why we did see all those changes and he took that risk with all those changes before the biggest game of the season (last night) It will only feel justifiable to me once all those points are on the board. But that's just my take on it especially with that lot breathing down on us.
That's why I'll never be a football manager at the highest level for the greatest club in the world
It wasnt a must win match though was it?

It wasnt a must win match though was it?
Every match is a must win match until that title is wrapped up and secured. Or am I missing something? We take one game at a time and every game is a cup final at this stage of the season.
We have 6 games left of the season. 4 of which are away from home. The 2 home games aren't exactly easy either are they, Chelsea & Everton. So the other home game prior (Leeds) I would have put down as the must win. Anyway its done, finished, I'm still on a high from last night. Onto Saturdays must win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.