Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

I think for me it's confirmed what I thought in November/December that a lot of people on here don't actually enjoy football.

It's a really unfortunate by-product of Pep's tenure, and probably the 18/19 title race is creating a mental state where winning, getting the 3 points, is the bare minimum and anything less is a disaster.

You can see it in the match threads, people are unhappy from the first minute because it starts 0-0. It's only acceptable to be positive if we're 2+ goals up because if it's 0-0 everything is shit, and if it's 1-0 then it's only a matter of time before they equalise and everything is shit.

It just breeds misery.

I enjoyed the Leeds game. The first half was really back and forth, the tactical battle was really interesting with Leeds' insane man v man system - so strict that at one point Mendy jogged over to the RW and Rafinha followed him. The red card killed that match, which was a shame, but the absolute barrage we subjected them to was still entertaining, especially as they had a threat on the break. I enjoyed seeing Torres and Aké play, I enjoyed seeing Zinchenko get a chance in midfield, I loved seeing Fernandinho enjoy himself going forwards and Stones realising he was the free man when Bamford went off so he could play as an attacking midfielder.

I wish we'd won and found the breakthrough, and the missed chances are annoying, but at the end of the day it was a good game of football and I enjoy watching football. It's got very little bearing on the rest of the season so I'm not going to act like the sky is falling because we lost a game.

Unfortunately, when you create this mentality where the only time you enjoy football is when we've won by 2+ goals and are 14+ points ahead in the title race, you're not going to enjoy 90% of the season.

I mean seriously, if you can't be happy when City are 11 points clear, leading a CL quarter final, in the FA Cup semi final and the League Cup final then when are you ever going to be happy?
That's all well and good mate but it's the dullest football on show since Pearce. Clearly.

Honestly, I have no idea what you chuntered on about!

For anybody who thinks reading a book about Guardiola fails to understand how he evolves each place he goes. So, if you're basing your 'knowledge' on the past, guess what? It's redundant!

If the Prem was a cake walk, do you think he'd have stayed so long? Nah, it presents different challenges against opposition that learns pretty quickly instead of the bog standard Bundesliga/ La Liga where teams decide to play as they against the bigger teams.

But about the players, the tempo wasn't that bad in the second half, but they got in each other's way a bit and then decided to figure out when the best place/ position to pass or shoot.

It was 'one of those days'.

I reckon we'll survive, eh...?
Not surprised I completely lost you. But I agree it was one of those days. Like the Lyon game last year. We’ll survive. I’ve done so since 1976.

Hopefully this was a little bit of history repeating itself almost 30 years later. In 1992 Leeds turned up at Maine Road on Grand National Day and lost 4-0. They still went on to beat united. I’ll happily take the loss if we go on and win the league.

Not surprised I completely lost you. But I agree it was one of those days. Like the Lyon game last year. We’ll survive. I’ve done so since 1976.

Haha! You think I'm a newbie supporter?

Been supporting my club since I was 2. I'm 51.

My Old Queen used to serve out the meals to the team!

So, yeah, it was one of those days for sure.

I think for me it's confirmed what I thought in November/December that a lot of people on here don't actually enjoy football.

It's a really unfortunate by-product of Pep's tenure, and probably the 18/19 title race is creating a mental state where winning, getting the 3 points, is the bare minimum and anything less is a disaster.

You can see it in the match threads, people are unhappy from the first minute because it starts 0-0. It's only acceptable to be positive if we're 2+ goals up because if it's 0-0 everything is shit, and if it's 1-0 then it's only a matter of time before they equalise and everything is shit.

It just breeds misery.

I enjoyed the Leeds game. The first half was really back and forth, the tactical battle was really interesting with Leeds' insane man v man system - so strict that at one point Mendy jogged over to the RW and Rafinha followed him. The red card killed that match, which was a shame, but the absolute barrage we subjected them to was still entertaining, especially as they had a threat on the break. I enjoyed seeing Torres and Aké play, I enjoyed seeing Zinchenko get a chance in midfield, I loved seeing Fernandinho enjoy himself going forwards and Stones realising he was the free man when Bamford went off so he could play as an attacking midfielder.

I wish we'd won and found the breakthrough, and the missed chances are annoying, but at the end of the day it was a good game of football and I enjoy watching football. It's got very little bearing on the rest of the season so I'm not going to act like the sky is falling because we lost a game.

Unfortunately, when you create this mentality where the only time you enjoy football is when we've won by 2+ goals and are 14+ points ahead in the title race, you're not going to enjoy 90% of the season.

I mean seriously, if you can't be happy when City are 11 points clear, leading a CL quarter final, in the FA Cup semi final and the League Cup final then when are you ever going to be happy?
Great post that mate

It just breeds misery.

Well said sir !

Why do you only post when we get beat?
And post shite I might add?
When you're ready the floors all yours.

SNIFF SNIFF FUCKING SNIFF.
Oh here we go, maybe I only post every now and again because clowns like you feel the need to have a go because my opinion does not match yours. I posted start of the season we'd be nowhere near trophies this season and so far I'm (glady) being proved wrong. I thought this forum was for people to voice their opinions, not a pissing contest as to who is a bigger City fan than another. Am I overly critical of the team at times? Absolutely! Does that mean I love them less than you or enjoy them getting beat? No. I thought the team was poor on Saturday and I thought it was due to the team we put out. As someone who grew up as the only blue in my family and not many In my school in the 90s when we were truly terrible I'll always be pessimistic, and if that offends you and a few others on here...then frankly I couldn't give a shite.

Last edited:

It just breeds misery.

If I knew how to do gifs I would have one tipping my hat at you. Bravo sir bravo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.