Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Oh here we go, maybe I only post every now and again because clowns like you feel the need to have a go because my opinion does not match yours. I posted start of the season we'd be nowhere near trophies this season and so far I'm (glady) proved wrong. I thought this forum was for people to voice their opinions, not a pissing contest as to who is a bigger City fan than another. I'm I overly critical of the team at times? Absolutely! Does that mean I love them less than you or enjoy them getting beat? No. I thought the team was poor on Saturday and I thought it was due to the team we put out. As someone who grew up as the only blue in my family and not many In my school in the 90s when we were were truly terrible I'll always be pessimistic, and if that offends you and a few others on here...then frankly I couldn't give a shite.
Always remember my friend, your opinion is yours and you should always be respected for your opinion. For what it’s worth I am halfway to agreeing with you regards Sterling. I remember his good games for the club of which there have been plenty. However in recent games his ability in front of goal has fallen off a cliff.
We should always respect Rahim but at the same time we should question his current form.
That’s how I see it for what it’s worth.

Always remember my friend, your opinion is yours and you should always be respected for your opinion. For what it’s worth I am halfway to agreeing with you regards Sterling. I remember his good games for the club of which there have been plenty. However in recent games his ability in front of goal has fallen off a cliff.
We should always respect Rahim but at the same time we should question his current form.
That’s how I see it for what it’s worth.
I can't disagree with anything you say there fella. Football is a game of opinions, its half the fun. Its Just sad that if you say negative things on this forum, your loyalty is dragged into question. I respect Sterling for what he has helped us achieve, doesn't mean I rate him as highly as some do. Anyway here's to a win tomorrow and hopefully the start off a great run in.

Peps warmer into the bank 10 days before the game indicated that his selection would probably come under scrutiny pre match and criticism post match. But despite the Chumps Lge and FA Cup, you should always start your strongest side and change once the objective has been achieved. "I hope that tomorrows' game against the Krauts will see our strongest possible team playing"!!

Pg put a side out that should of won this game still in all honesty .
Leeds are piss poor at defending usually in away games ,plus we had 29 attempts on goal .
But got to come clean with this lads it wasn't peps fault it was mine .
The reason why we lost the game was because i didn't have my lucky city socks & city underpants on ,i left them in the washer & forgot all about them until the game had started .
Don't worry i won't let it happen again ,i have got them ironed, pressed & ready to go for the dortmund game !

I think for me it's confirmed what I thought in November/December that a lot of people on here don't actually enjoy football.

It's a really unfortunate by-product of Pep's tenure, and probably the 18/19 title race is creating a mental state where winning, getting the 3 points, is the bare minimum and anything less is a disaster.

You can see it in the match threads, people are unhappy from the first minute because it starts 0-0. It's only acceptable to be positive if we're 2+ goals up because if it's 0-0 everything is shit, and if it's 1-0 then it's only a matter of time before they equalise and everything is shit.

It just breeds misery.

I enjoyed the Leeds game. The first half was really back and forth, the tactical battle was really interesting with Leeds' insane man v man system - so strict that at one point Mendy jogged over to the RW and Rafinha followed him. The red card killed that match, which was a shame, but the absolute barrage we subjected them to was still entertaining, especially as they had a threat on the break. I enjoyed seeing Torres and Aké play, I enjoyed seeing Zinchenko get a chance in midfield, I loved seeing Fernandinho enjoy himself going forwards and Stones realising he was the free man when Bamford went off so he could play as an attacking midfielder.

I wish we'd won and found the breakthrough, and the missed chances are annoying, but at the end of the day it was a good game of football and I enjoy watching football. It's got very little bearing on the rest of the season so I'm not going to act like the sky is falling because we lost a game.

Unfortunately, when you create this mentality where the only time you enjoy football is when we've won by 2+ goals and are 14+ points ahead in the title race, you're not going to enjoy 90% of the season.

I mean seriously, if you can't be happy when City are 11 points clear, leading a CL quarter final, in the FA Cup semi final and the League Cup final then when are you ever going to be happy?
Excellent post! Couldn't agree more.....well said!!

I think for me it's confirmed what I thought in November/December that a lot of people on here don't actually enjoy football.

It's a really unfortunate by-product of Pep's tenure, and probably the 18/19 title race is creating a mental state where winning, getting the 3 points, is the bare minimum and anything less is a disaster.

You can see it in the match threads, people are unhappy from the first minute because it starts 0-0. It's only acceptable to be positive if we're 2+ goals up because if it's 0-0 everything is shit, and if it's 1-0 then it's only a matter of time before they equalise and everything is shit.

It just breeds misery.

I enjoyed the Leeds game. The first half was really back and forth, the tactical battle was really interesting with Leeds' insane man v man system - so strict that at one point Mendy jogged over to the RW and Rafinha followed him. The red card killed that match, which was a shame, but the absolute barrage we subjected them to was still entertaining, especially as they had a threat on the break. I enjoyed seeing Torres and Aké play, I enjoyed seeing Zinchenko get a chance in midfield, I loved seeing Fernandinho enjoy himself going forwards and Stones realising he was the free man when Bamford went off so he could play as an attacking midfielder.

I wish we'd won and found the breakthrough, and the missed chances are annoying, but at the end of the day it was a good game of football and I enjoy watching football. It's got very little bearing on the rest of the season so I'm not going to act like the sky is falling because we lost a game.

Unfortunately, when you create this mentality where the only time you enjoy football is when we've won by 2+ goals and are 14+ points ahead in the title race, you're not going to enjoy 90% of the season.

I mean seriously, if you can't be happy when City are 11 points clear, leading a CL quarter final, in the FA Cup semi final and the League Cup final then when are you ever going to be happy?
You said a literal mouthful there.

Even watching this team lose is a privilege!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.