Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Someone actually, seriously, just wrote in the match thread that this side doesn't deserve to win the league because if that game.

14 points clear, 2 defeats in 36 games. 8 players rested because we're playing a Champions League 1/4 final and an FA Cup semi final this week.

Seriously, some of you need to give yourselves a slap.

I dont know if its complete arrogance to think we should win every game, or just a hysterical paranoia that we are going to lose every league game left and bottle the league, but the whole discourse around this game has been absurd since before the match, people calling it a "must win" FFS.

We have bigger fish to fry. Pep picked as weak a side as he could, and Leeds managed to pull off a result, fair enough. The team will already be thinking about Dortmund.

Correct. Focus is clearly on Wednesday.

Not got another league game for 11 days now and even then it's the least important game of our next 4 games.

We're at a minimum at 8 points clear and 5 of United's last 8 games are against the top half (Spurs, Leeds, Liverpool, Villa, Leicester).

Just chill out guys.

Someone actually, seriously, just wrote in the match thread that this side doesn't deserve to win the league because if that game.

14 points clear, 2 defeats in 36 games. 8 players rested because we're playing a Champions League 1/4 final and an FA Cup semi final this week.

Seriously, some of you need to give yourselves a slap.

I dont know if its complete arrogance to think we should win every game, or just a hysterical paranoia that we are going to lose every league game left and bottle the league, but the whole discourse around this game has been absurd since before the match, people calling it a "must win" FFS.

We have bigger fish to fry. Pep picked as weak a side as he could, and Leeds managed to pull off a result, fair enough. The team will already be thinking about Dortmund.
Totally agree , embarrassing reading some of the posts on here , we’ve got some seriously entitled fans .
one of them games , fair play Leeds , that’s it , on to the next one .

If the Sterling contract and the reputed £300,000 - £400,000 a week he is demanding means we can not afford Haaland. Then we should do the right thing .

I am sick to death of watching Sterling do the same thing every time he plays.

Get the Ball ,run at the box, stop dead at the edge of the Box, Feint to go left....feint to go right ...fall over.

Another defeat on Pep i am afraid.

We should have brought on the big Guns Like KDB, Mahrez ,at half time and put this game to Bed.

The thing with our defeats under Pep. They are so infuriating. We never have our best side on the Pitch when it happens. Finishing that shit show with KDB/Mahrez still on the bench was criminal. When since half time we were screaming for his killer passes.

Could be down to 8 points.

Meaning it has backfired a bit. If he was saving the players ,he might be needing the more.

I never understand why never do shit the opposite way around. Win the game, score a couple then make Subs.

Just had the first Text "This isn't over yet you know ? " CHEERS PEP.

I think sterling has peaked now and no amount of coaching by pep will change that. Zinchenko played well and would play instead of cancelo at LB on Wednesday. The worrying thing is to be caught on the counter by Leeds so easily, what will di maria and mbappe do to us provided we beat dortmund

Shit happens. At least we know exactly who is in our best team and who isnt. Just hope it doesn't disrupt any momentum or confidence going into dortmund.

The team selection obviously didn't help, but too many players haven't turned up today.
If our attackers do a better job today that second goal doesn't happen.
John Stones trying to do what we the rest should be doing and unfortunately left us exposed at the back.

I thought the following had a very good game but weren't lucky at the right times...
- Stones
- Fernandinho
- Zinchenko
- Torres
- Jesus
- Bernardo

The following weren't bad...just not very good
- Mendy
- Cancelo
- Ake

Ederson stands out as poor on both goals imo.

And Sterling stands out as being the worst player on the pitch. Had we replaced him with KDB while behind we'd have not lost. The sooner he's replaced the better imo.
I thought Mendy was poor, never got to the byline and always loses the 2nd ball.

The team was picked with Dortmund in mind clearly, not the team I’d have picked but there you go.
Having said that, the stats say we should have won the game even with that team, 71% possession, 29 shots, 7 on target. So yes, unexpected.
our attackers (beisdes Kun) have never been clinical.....so totally expected to be wasteful and have trouble scoring.

Bags of space down our left hand side with Mendy and Ake playing - totally expected.

Midfield of Ferna and Zinchenko (benching KDB, Foden) - lack of real creativity - totally expected.

No leadership at the back - totally expected adter remvoing Dias from defence.

To get hit on the break - thats our MO - it always happens

We made 7 changes. We pretty much always make between 5 and 7 changes. We play Dortmund midweek and the FA Cup Semi at the weekend. We have a large lead in the PL and will have felt we could have won with that team, which was a fair assumption. Shit happens. But don’t give me this shit that it was the wrong team. It was absolutely the correct team to field.
Agree. Some of those players today let themselves, pep and us down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.