Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

This game was lost in the first half - we were playing well but wasted lots of good opportunities - Jesus has come in for some stick but he played well in the 1st half, his hold up play was exceptional, it’s just the good opportunities kept falling to Sterling who was useless today. New left back a priority!

This happens every time Sterling isn't at his best.
Boo boys need a scape goat.
Sterling is one of the highest paid players at the club. It is 100% right we should expect the very best from him 9 times out of 10. The reality is, he plays 1 good game in 10 and that is simply not good enough. The club is not getting what it is paying for by a long way.

Pep is fearful of yet another failure in CL, he did not want to take any chance by bringing big guns on and expose them to injuries and fatigue. Besides, we have a comfortable cushion in the table.

Crap performance but it was important to give the likes of kev a rest today with the run of fixtures coming up.

Ultimately a freak result...2 shots on goal and 2 goals for them.

Hopefully a wake up call for some and roll on Wednesday
All our defeats are like this it seems

Could be a busy summer. We are clearly not going to just shell out for a top striker which we desperately need. A couple may need to go as well.

Mendy needs to go, had plenty of time since his injury to prove his worth, if he had, he'd be starting as often as KDB.

Sterling's form has dropped off a cliff, time to cash in?

Do we know what to do with Jesus? He's not an out and out striker.

Overall too many changes today, Pep seemed happy to give that one up and save everyone for Wednesday.

Someone actually, seriously, just wrote in the match thread that this side doesn't deserve to win the league because if that game.

14 points clear, 2 defeats in 36 games. 8 players rested because we're playing a Champions League 1/4 final and an FA Cup semi final this week.

Seriously, some of you need to give yourselves a slap.

I dont know if its complete arrogance to think we should win every game, or just a hysterical paranoia that we are going to lose every league game left and bottle the league, but the whole discourse around this game has been absurd since before the match, people calling it a "must win" FFS.

We have bigger fish to fry. Pep picked as weak a side as he could, and Leeds managed to pull off a result, fair enough. The team will already be thinking about Dortmund.
Of course we deserve to win the league, but we haven't yet. If Spurs win tomorrow I won't give a fuck about this game.

I would have taken a draw before kick off. Hell, I'd have taken one at half time. But to dominate and lose like that to 10 men is ridiculous, and it could have been avoided if Pep had made better changes, and earlier.

Excluding subs, only Zin, Stones and Fern came away with credit in that game. Maybe Bernie too.

Sterling was abysmal. Needs to get his mojo back and quick.
Zin was ok. It was just John who was good. Fern was decent on the ball. Abysmal on both goals. So he was poor in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.