Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

We made 7 changes. We pretty much always make between 5 and 7 changes. We play Dortmund midweek and the FA Cup Semi at the weekend. We have a large lead in the PL and will have felt we could have won with that team, which was a fair assumption. Shit happens. But don’t give me this shit that it was the wrong team. It was absolutely the correct team to field.

What the fuck you mean don't give me this shit, its a forum we are all entitled to our opinions.

It was the right team haha yeah thats why we just got beat off Leeds with 10 men.

Someone actually, seriously, just wrote in the match thread that this side doesn't deserve to win the league because if that game.

14 points clear, 2 defeats in 36 games. 8 players rested because we're playing a Champions League 1/4 final and an FA Cup semi final this week.

Seriously, some of you need to give yourselves a slap.

I dont know if its complete arrogance to think we should win every game, or just a hysterical paranoia that we are going to lose every league game left and bottle the league, but the whole discourse around this game has been absurd since before the match, people calling it a "must win" FFS.

We have bigger fish to fry. Pep picked as weak a side as he could, and Leeds managed to pull off a result, fair enough. The team will already be thinking about Dortmund.
Well said

I know, but I'm struggling to get that worked up about it tbh.

A loss in the league between two big CL games isn't unusual or surprising esp when the opposition have had the week off.

We have a decent gap in the league and needed/wanted to rest key players for Wednesday.

Leeds were very good. We were poor. Shit happens.

If anything it's kick up the arse that maybe is what was needed?

Or it kills our momentum for 2 huge games within a week.

If we win wednesday and progress the price today will be worth it.....no game in Prem is ever a given, even against 10 men.......so, have a moan, open a beer, support the team and players and stay calm. What a season we are having!
And the word being IF,what a season indeed and we could still end up with nothing..

Pep what you should say in post match interview is

“sorry I got it wrong today. Why I asked stones to play as a striker & midfielder instead of defender cost us & maybe I should bring Kev on & foden on much earlier”

This game showed that our 2nd string players are no more than that unfortunately. Cancelo very poor today, Torres doesn’t do enough, Zinchenko is no KDB, Bernardo shocking, Sterling Shocking, Jesus shocking... and Peps selection shocking. The tactics were bizarre, too passive, looked as though we were hoping to ‘just do enough’ at 75%. Too many sideways passes and then wasted with poor decisions or pointless lofted balls to nobody. The one time we got it right, Bernardo with a shit header puts it over the bar when trying to head across the goal. Overall, too average from too many. Very disappointed. They’d better get it right for Dortmund, otherwise this was a waste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.