Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

We know why we lost. We played a weakened team but when you play a weakened team you have to put 1-2 players out who can beat a man when you know they will defend penalty area. Really Mahrez should have been on on the hour mark and we'd have won that. Instead we've lost.

Does it matter? Probably not.
I think we were unlucky to lose.

Surely even those of us who graced the Hough End fields of glory understand that when faced with a packed defence you :-
-ping in crosses to the big guy (not an option)
-shoot from outside the box (the shooter wasn't on the pitch)
- run flat out into the box and maybe get a penalty. (Jesus and Sterling were busy stood still)
- take the ball to the dead ball line and cut it back to on oncoming player. (Never tried that one yet again)

Pep needs to stop sucking Bielsa's dick and man the fuck up, that line up was never getting a victory today. Sell Sterling, Mendy and Jesus and let's get a couple of strikers and a left back in this summer. Inexcusable that shitshow today against ten fucking men
Never?

you must have won a fortune ;-)

Mate, it was MILES worse than meh.
I know, but I'm struggling to get that worked up about it tbh.

A loss in the league between two big CL games isn't unusual or surprising esp when the opposition have had the week off.

We have a decent gap in the league and needed/wanted to rest key players for Wednesday.

Leeds were very good. We were poor. Shit happens.

If anything it's kick up the arse that maybe is what was needed?

This is it in a nutshell. Go strong, get the game won and rest players. Now we've lost, dent to the confidence and there's no guarantee resting players is going to pay off. Having said that really the players out there should be capable of getting a result against Leeds, especially with ten men for half a game.

If we can move on Sterling and possibly Jesus close season and get two better players in we should do it, time to be ruthless. Looking at everyone's finances in this pandemic I think it's unlikely though.
Just don’t get the resting of players play your strongest team ffs we play again weds night,then make changes during the game it stinks of complacency and some players feeling like it was a chore for them to be picked and playing,tell you what this league is by no means over and some need to get their heads round that, 2011-12 remember ..

Rested players which is understanable and tinkered with the positions, but honestly the team that started should have been able to beat these.

Players came back in and didn't impress.

Dissapointed but the next 2 games are more important and rather we had a blip today then in them.

The finishing was last years form, not good enough.

Its been a problem in my eyes for some time, we are not clinical enough in front of goal.

Certain players are not good enough to get us to the next level and stay there.

Stupid response. We have got ourselves into a position we haven't had before where we can concentrate on the cups whilst not worrying about the league. We have to use it and if that mean losing games like this then so be it
Not stupid at all, title has to be the priority, always!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.