Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Meh.

Not happy, but 8 points clear even if Rags win games in hand.

Just one of those days nothing quite goes right.

Still massive favourites for league and in all the cups. Onwards!
Question is will moaninho play a weakened team against the rags, bearing in mind the upcoming Carabou cup final?

Zinchenko is a midfielder with Ukraine. And other that he has rarely played midfielder in a City team since he signed for us, I simply can’t phantom Pep studying Leeds for 20 hours only to come up with this: Ake and Mendy, with Zinchenko in front of them. One coming back after a long absence through injury, one that hasn’t played LB due to injuries and other matters, and one in midfield where he has rarely played for City. It just doesn’t make sense. Either he thought it wasn’t that important. If so why bother about the result. But Pep said he studied 20 hrs. 20? Really?

Not sure what your issues is?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Leeds scored both their goals from the right; Cancelo's position.

That means Zinny, Mendy and Aké all had pretty solid games relative to positions and injury.

This game will just be a footnote when it comes to looking back next year on how the title was won.
The narrative will be that plucky Leeds grabbed a win after being bombarded for at least 45 mins but in truth meant little.

Just read this thread and some of the reactions are pathetic haha.

We rested 7/8 of our best players and got beat with a last min sucker punch in a game we could easily have won. Like spoilt little brats on here some of you if we don’t win comfortably.

Pep rightly was being questioned after the first 10 games of the season but to question him after this defeat is pathetic really.

In the grand scheme of things yesterday doesnt matter at all as the league is practically won anyway. Beat Dortmund next week and it’s a master stroke by Pep to rest them in this game.

Not sure what your issues is?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Leeds scored both their goals from the right; Cancelo's position.

That means Zinny, Mendy and Aké all had pretty solid games relative to positions and injury.
Leeds did. But surely you have noticed the danger from the left. With Ederson making a vital safe that wasn’t vital anymore when Leeds did score the 2nd.
And putting Ake, Mendy and out of position Zinchenko in a team that also contained Torres who hardly played the last few months, and Sterling who is totally out of form, with central defenders Stones and Ake who probably have played once together before this, it makes you can’t expect fluently play from the starting 11. As in you don’t take the fame too serious. As in how do you explain Pep studying Leeds for 20 hrs. Either he hasn’t. Or wants to show off vs Bielsa. Or fell asleep after 45 minutes. But it surely can’t explain the starting 11.

...What I do know is that we are terribly slow in the transition and have been for a while. It does make me think how Haaland would fit in to this system if the team are not more direct.....
Playing slow or fast has nothing to do with Cancelo failing to defend totally innocuous situation twice in two seconds and the second goal actually came out as a result of playing too fast and not too slow, so we lost any semblance of a positional play.

Sterling is definitely off form but where's the evidence it is from an issue between him and Pep?

In relative terms is Mendy our worst signing ever? Lee Bradbury? Mangala? RSC? Bony?
People giving Mendy shit need to recognise ‘he’ was not responsible for our loss yesterday ffs...
Sterling, Jesus, Torres, Cancelo & Bernardo were. Half the outfield players absolutely garbage was the reason.

Just read this thread and some of the reactions are pathetic haha.

We rested 7/8 of our best players and got beat with a last min sucker punch in a game we could easily have won. Like spoilt little brats on here some of you if we don’t win comfortably.

Pep rightly was being questioned after the first 10 games of the season but to question him after this defeat is pathetic really.

In the grand scheme of things yesterday doesnt matter at all as the league is practically won anyway. Beat Dortmund next week and it’s a master stroke by Pep to rest them in this game.
I never expected us to win easily on forehand. We are struggling at home. More teams do.
And I grew up a City fan that learned that it’s about supporting the team and winning is just a bonus.

It’s Pep stating he studied Leeds for 20 hours. And comes up with a starting 11 that we all knew was not gonna perform any fluency. He kept going on for weeks that Leeds was the worst opponent in these list of fixtures and in between the CL QF-games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.