Leeds Thread - 2021/22

Big Sam can put together points, Pep won't bend on his tactics and 99% of that team can't execute what he wants. They won't qualify for CL - this was probably written and spoken all over media during 2016/2017.
Well tbf that 2016/17 squad was pretty poor!

Cmon fella you can’t say Leeds don’t get the crowds . If there capacity was over 55000 they would get that no problem and there away support is massive aswell . We battered them last night but they have massive support .
Is the Leeds you are talking about any relation to the Leeds that closed the top tier of their big bugger stand for long periods as there was no demand from fans?

Cmon fella you can’t say Leeds don’t get the crowds . If there capacity was over 55000 they would get that no problem and there away support is massive aswell . We battered them last night but they have massive support .

Their support has rarely ever been bigger than ours and they got lower crowds in the lower leagues as well. They reopened the upper tier at theirs on a permanent bases for the first time in nearly 20 years a couple of years ago.

Not saying their support is bad, it’s very good, just don’t think we should over state these things considering the shit we get for getting bigger crowds than most teams.

Last edited:
Good times maybe when they tumbled down the leagues their ground was empty. We’re you there when we were hitting 30,000 plus in the 3rd tier. Would they get that?
Footballs changed . It was a lot easier when we were down there than now or a when Leeds we’re there . I’d say Leeds fan base is on par with us which a lot will disagree with .

Been some obvious criticism about Bielsa over the last 24 hours so feel the need to address this. Before Bielsa came we were an absolute shambles of a team and a club, spending a decade with a number of the worst owners in English Football history, from Ken Bates threatening to liquidate us, "saving" us and then chronically neglecting team investment whilst selling better players for peanuts and going to verbal war with Leeds fans, to an Arab investment bank with no money and no clue, to an Italian nut job making decisions on the influence of Cocaine. On the Pitch we had finished 14th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th and 13th in the Championship with a number of shite players a few of which would even refuse to play at times. Bielsa comes in and with just 2 additions takes that 13th place team to 3rd in his first season. In his 2nd season he loses Jansson, Saiz and Roofe whilst bringing in Costa and White on loan and wins us the league by 10 points. Yes we then spent on a few players 1st season up but the core of the squad remained the Championship players he took over. Many of them had the best season of their careers and we finished 9th with 59 points. This season for me is his first "bad" season at Leeds where I feel he has made a few tactical and selection mistakes, but at the same time we currently have the whole spine of the team out injured, have suffered an injury crisis all season and are still currently above the drop zone. Yes you could argue Bielsa may have been overrated by some Leeds fans and sections of the media, but to pretend he's done anything but a remarkable job at my club sorry is just something I cannot accept.
Bielsa's been fantastic for your club IMO. Definitely made the sum greater than the parts over the past few seasons and it will be a shame for you if this turns out to be a disappointing enough season that he ends up leaving/getting sacked. I think what we're seeing this season is that his time is coming to a natural conclusion - he's a flawed genius for me who has a limited shelf life at all clubs he's managed but to be fair to him, he's stuck around at Leeds longer than he did at many other clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.