Leeds Thread - 2021/22

Was in dirty Leeds this weekend with the future ex Mrs Lee sat in Ginos quaffing a rather nice bottle of red and got talking to a dirty leeds fan from Doncaster he was telling me how Bielsa was so amazing for getting dirty leeds into the Prem by spending next to nowt, he was quite flummoxed when I mentioned 'apart from the £100 million'

We didn't spend 100m getting to the Prem. Helder Costa 16m, Bamford 7m and Barry Douglas 3m. The rest were loans Harrison and White. We spent 87m last season, Rodrigo 27m, Llorente 18m, Raphinha 17m, Koch 11m, Meslier 6m and the rest on the u23's.

The man is a genius tho there's no doubt about it, the season before he arrived we finished 14th and we were basically shite. After only three months of his arrival during that pre season he turned players that most of us had wrote off and nothing more that average championship players into players that were now unrecognizable from only a few months before. Phillips, Ayling, Dallas, Klich and Bamford to name a few.

The make up of our starting 11 last season was basically the team he inherited. Ayling, Cooper, Strujik, Alioski, Dallas, Kilich, Phillips, Roberts and Bamford. We also lost Ben White back to Brighton who was immense for us in the promotion season and then both our new center back signings Llorente and Koch were missing for most of the first 20 games of the season. Rodrigo was out for 3 months too and only started to show what he could do for the last 5 or 6 games. Raphinha on the other hand was an absolute master stroke of a signing and for only 17m!

We were leaky at the back for sure the first half of the season but we didn't have settled back 4, Ayling filled in at centre half for 12 games during that time. Once Llorente came in after xmas we were much more solid and got stronger as the season went on. We were actually top of the form table for the last 10 games.

Anyway no hatred here towards you lot, I've always seen similarities between our two clubs and we also have the shared hatred of that red shite. I know we not liked very much but I wouldn't change that for the world. I see a few have mentioned it comes from trips to Elland Rd in the 70's and 80's..I'd just like to point out that it wasn't exactly a pleasant stroll to Maine Rd during that time either!

As much as Bielsa is a genius I think that breaking into the top 4 is probably a bit early for us, I'd happily take another season or two like last and just keep building. So with that said Id much sooner you lot win it than Chelsea, Liverpool or scum.

Do you think the Kane move will happen by the way? 160m the mentioned fee isn't it? Personally think that Haaland would suit you guys better.

We didn't spend 100m getting to the Prem. Helder Costa 16m, Bamford 7m and Barry Douglas 3m. The rest were loans Harrison and White. We spent 87m last season, Rodrigo 27m, Llorente 18m, Raphinha 17m, Koch 11m, Meslier 6m and the rest on the u23's.

The man is a genius tho there's no doubt about it, the season before he arrived we finished 14th and we were basically shite. After only three months of his arrival during that pre season he turned players that most of us had wrote off and nothing more that average championship players into players that were now unrecognizable from only a few months before. Phillips, Ayling, Dallas, Klich and Bamford to name a few.

The make up of our starting 11 last season was basically the team he inherited. Ayling, Cooper, Strujik, Alioski, Dallas, Kilich, Phillips, Roberts and Bamford. We also lost Ben White back to Brighton who was immense for us in the promotion season and then both our new center back signings Llorente and Koch were missing for most of the first 20 games of the season. Rodrigo was out for 3 months too and only started to show what he could do for the last 5 or 6 games. Raphinha on the other hand was an absolute master stroke of a signing and for only 17m!

We were leaky at the back for sure the first half of the season but we didn't have settled back 4, Ayling filled in at centre half for 12 games during that time. Once Llorente came in after xmas we were much more solid and got stronger as the season went on. We were actually top of the form table for the last 10 games.

Anyway no hatred here towards you lot, I've always seen similarities between our two clubs and we also have the shared hatred of that red shite. I know we not liked very much but I wouldn't change that for the world. I see a few have mentioned it comes from trips to Elland Rd in the 70's and 80's..I'd just like to point out that it wasn't exactly a pleasant stroll to Maine Rd during that time either!

As much as Bielsa is a genius I think that breaking into the top 4 is probably a bit early for us, I'd happily take another season or two like last and just keep building. So with that said Id much sooner you lot win it than Chelsea, Liverpool or scum.

Do you think the Kane move will happen by the way? 160m the mentioned fee isn't it? Personally think that Haaland would suit you guys better.
Don't think we'll pay 160m for Kane mate, 120m is my gut feeling but dealing with Levy who fucking knows. Think you've signed a gem in Firpo, was on City's radar not too long ago. Love Bielsa as well, when Pep goes I'd love to have him at City, all the best for the new season

Don't think we'll pay 160m for Kane mate, 120m is my gut feeling but dealing with Levy who fucking knows. Think you've signed a gem in Firpo, was on City's radar not too long ago. Love Bielsa as well, when Pep goes I'd love to have him at City, all the best for the new season

Yes he was excellent at Betis, not had a sniff at Barca but I'm sure Bielsa will get him into shape. 120m for Kane seems about right but I think you'll have to go nearer the 150m. Peanuts to you guys! Grealish bid incoming too?

Id like to see what Bielsa could do with the England team

It'd be a hell of a lot more entertaining that's for sure. I don't think he'd take it now tho. He thrives on a project, turning a teams fortunes around and I think he likes working with players he knows that he can improve ten fold. He often gets questioned for having not won much but he's never taken a job at one of the so called big clubs. I recall Pep's saying before we played you "give Bielsa Man City and he wins trophies" pep loves him doesn't he.

The man isn't about money either, he's about principles and has proved it many times. When he joined us his home town club Newells Old Boys were going through difficulties and he funded the £2.5 million redevelopment of their training facilities. Then there's the £200,000 fine that we were given for spygate (a total joke that was by the way) and he insisted he pay it himself. He negotiates his contract to include the entire back room staff and everyone that works at Thorpe arch (I believe it's 50 odd people). He then pays them himself, and very generously too. Purchased a £25k motor recently for one of the dinner ladies.

There's probably a couple of reasons that he hasn't ever taken one of the big jobs,

1) Most of the prima donna superstars just wouldn't buy into his methods. His time as Argentina manager is case in point. It's reported many of that squad just couldn't live with his demands. Whereas he's a national hero in Chile as they bought into him and he revolutionized their whole setup from top to bottom.

When he first arrived at Leeds he had the whole squad picking litter up out in Wetherby for two days straight to instill the working class ethic into them. Then there's his murderball sessions, and 12 hour days in pre season with players having to live at the training ground for a weeks on end. I doubt you'd get someone like Hazard for example to buy into that.

2) Also many owners just wouldn't give him the control he demands. He's a man of his word and if something he thinks was promised isn't delivered then he'll just walk away. His time at Lazio lasted 2 days, promises on players and training ground redevelopment was retracted. Similar thing at Lille too, where he lasted a few games. He's also stated numerous times that his main priority isn't trophies it's playing a style of football that brings joy to supporters.

He's now been at Leeds longer than he has at any other club, I think we were just the perfect fit for him and at the perfect time. He's got full control here, he knows he's loved and as long as the board keep giving him what he requires and that he can push us on further I think he'll stay for a while longer yet. He actually hasn't even signed his contract for next season yet, he prefers to do it on a yearly basis. I don't know a single Leeds fan that is worried he's not going to tho.

All the shit we went through for 16 years prior to his arrival, bent owners, the only skint arabs in the world, Cellino (fucking fruit loop he was) Ridsdale living the dream, sinking two divisions, administration, points deductions, Ken fucking Bates, new manger every other month and utter garbage on the pitch all while still paying Premier League prices to watch it all.

If the man doesn't bring us silverware in however long we still have him for I really wouldn't care. I'm just enjoying every minute of it and it's a long time since I've been able to say that. The football is just a joy to watch, with a proper honest bunch of players, many playing at a standard I wouldn't have thought possible. Credit has to also go to Radrizanni but there's no doubt Bielsa is a genius. He's basically god around these parts.

Scummy fans kicked off in town this morning

Welcome back Leeds fans ….. fuck all changes

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.