Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

Making excuses, but fitness levels are not good enough, it's very obvious. That's why we depend on scoring early, and yet again there was a sense of dejavu when we missed so many chances in the beginning.

Mahrez and Mendy are not good enough, and especially Mahrez annoys the shit out of me with his selfish, dont give a fuck attitude.

On a positive note, Dias looked great, it's an international break and it's still early in the season, but there are many problems that need to be solved, no doubt.

This is gonna be a weird season. Nobody has had a proper pre season. Most clubs are gonna suffer fatigue and inevitable injuries and there will be lots of odd results with the best teams getting beaten more often than usual

We were always gonna suffer more than most at the start as we have had even less time to recover and prepare for the new season

I expect that as the season goes on we will get stronger compared to other teams and the strength of depth in our squad will come to the fore. No need to panic yet
Nice.

How many goals did Fulham put past them?

Fulham.
How many goals did Leeds score against Liverpool?

Li-ver-pool.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

I mean... we had no strikers remember too. But I suppose we should be creating more chances, I don't know how much of that is our players form or the lack of a regular striker.

Last edited:
They can play well - like West Ham can when they're on song. Watch Leeds though and you'll find a Kevin Keegan type naïveté in how they want to play.

Their style will get them plenty of points to stay up prob evem top half, - but against antone decent who knows what they're doing they will be torn apart defensively.

Today thìs was our undoing. Without a striker, we didn't really know what to do up front - and so had tonnes of 'nearly' breaks without any final output.

Criminal oversight by Pep imho (in nit changingto take advantageof the masses of space in the middle) - game was there for the taking.
I agree with you mate . Thought Leeds were very good .

There seems to be a media driven narrative that if the opposition have more than 0 chances we have failed. How boring would a game like that be.

yes, we lost control a bit in the middle but most of all we missed aguero.
All well and good saying need another striker but who would come to be third choice? Not going to be a like for like replacement.

long term, top signings at LB and CM and the first 11 is really strong. In time, foden will improve also.

would have liked to have seen Bernardo earlier today for mahrez. Mahrez was weak losing possession again.

Seen a few here saying Peps time is up/ coming to an end( I disagree), but who do you people realistically think comes in and does a better job and is attainable right away?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.