Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

Lovely win and a great performance in patches. We got sloppy when we went three up and we need to cut that out. Subs had no real impact at all, especially Phil and Cancelo. Got to be Foden and Grealish against Everton, no more Mahrez

Twatwell indeed, a fucking joke of a ref.
Saw a fly land on Gnonto, fell over, free kick Leeds.
Just really glad we twated them in spite of the dodgy ref.
Well done City !!

Not the best of displays & very wasteful against a spirited, but poor by comparison Leeds side.

All the effervescence of a week ago seems to have evaporated & we rarely picked up the pace beyond what was necessary.

Grealish had a poor & very negative first half, but a far better second, especially the times when he moved central. This is something we need to look at, because our left rarely offered a threat.

Mahrez was also pretty negative & I can't actually remember him actually taking a player on. With both Grealish & Mahrez not taking the man on, I wonder if this was on Pep's orders?

Two well taken goals from Haaland & another very good performance from Lewis. My MoTM though was KDB. It wasn't his best game, but he was our best & most effective player.

The three points was the most important thing, so objective achieved.

The mid-season World Cup factor was going to be telling, & it seems the teams who had multiple players there have picked up from where they've left off.

The jeopardy will come later in the season as the games pile up, injuries, loss of form & suspensions start to bite & the fatigue of a long hard season sets in.

Lovely win and a great performance in patches. We got sloppy when we went three up and we need to cut that out. Subs had no real impact at all, especially Phil and Cancelo. Got to be Foden and Grealish against Everton, no more Mahrez
contradiction again. ' No impact today especially Phil ...' "Got to be Foden .....against Everton" What are you saying???

Fair point but did you think we played well? I’d say about 60%
I thought we were good, yeah. Not a vintage performance, but after a six week break, missing key players, in tricky conditions and a tricky away ground about as good as it gets. Kept Leeds at arm's length, and bury one or two more of the missed chances and we be singing their praises.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.