Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

Was the 77 FA Cup game in the 3rd Round ?
Went to a cup tie at the old Elland Road (am sure the capacity was c.45 thousand ?) where the Leeds fans ran onto the pitch to try and get the match abandoned. The ref took the players off and police horses came on the pitch to get the Leeds fans back on the terraces.
It was chaos outside at full time, as the City fans (as was the custom then) were kept inside the ground.
I was hitch-hiking to Stoke after the game and nearly got battered on the approach road to the M62 westwards.
A great win for City though and a superb atmosphere...
we didnt stay in, gates was open on the lowfields

Is the mutual hatred of all things rag enough to keep the peace between Leeds and blues nowadays? Presumably things are relatively trouble free at this game.

FA Cup 5th round in 77 . Best walk on i`ve even witnessed by the Leeds fans towards the end of the game . And the world class save by Big Joe before Trevor Cherry broke our hearts . Stood right behind our goal that day and remember Dennis putting a free header over the bar from what seemed like point blank range not long after they had scored . 13 yrs old and cried my eyes out as the minutes ticked away . Still hurts to this day that loss .

FA Cup 3rd Round in 78 and the pitch invasion . Never been so scared of losing my life as i was at that game such was the crush in the standing sections before the game . Eventually the police / stewards opened more enclosures . Anyone remember the lone blue who got on the pitch to take on the Leeds hordes rioting at the other end ? Thankfully Gary Owen stewarded him off and back into the stand . Also remember the white bricks / blocks coming over the outside enclosure after the game . The one game i`m so happy i got the coach rather than the service or special train to and that 3 mile walk back to the rail station !

FA Cup 3rd Round in 78 and the pitch invasion . Never been so scared of losing my life as i was at that game such was the crush in the standing sections before the game . Eventually the police / stewards opened more enclosures . Anyone remember the lone blue who got on the pitch to take on the Leeds hordes rioting at the other end ? Thankfully Gary Owen stewarded him off and back into the stand . Also remember the white bricks / blocks coming over the outside enclosure after the game . The one game i`m so happy i got the coach rather than the service or special train to and that 3 mile walk back to the rail station !

Lively that day for sure :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.