Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

Personally I’d prefer it if there were none.The world has gone pc mad. Why did we have a rag woman’s footballer commentating on us v Liverpool the other night for example. Madness.
It’s simple really, like her.
Women’s football - female commentators
Men’s football - male commentators
Dipper games - rats

Haha yeah, not sure why it's a plus point for Mahrez - a disappointing miss that Rodri made amends for.
It's a plus point only when you compare it to Grealish's rugby shots, of course it's still a poor effort but please understand the context.

Some of the play was brilliant tonight. Grealish was a fighter. He was frustrated a few times - rightly - asking for a quicker switch to his side. That alley was gaping all night. (That said, not sure he knows how to hit that gap with speed and cross with left foot or cut in on right only once he’s gained the edge in-behind.). But to my eyes he was reading the match very well.

Decent three points, should've put 5/6/7 past them. Absolutely bossed them in the first half, completely took everything off them and kept the crowd out of it.

Lewis again was special. Lad will be competing with Kyle for his spot for the rest of the season now, wouldn't shock me if he took Cancelo's spot at left back.

Kev/Rodri MOTM for me, couldn't split them. Kev looks fired up for the second half of the season. Jack played one of his best games for us, after his first half credit to him. Offers a lot and looks to be believing in himself finally.

Haaland just Haaland's, there's nothing else like him in world football. Thought he was only a 7/10 and looked rusty but he still scored 2 and when he's sharp someone is copping 5/6 off him. Can't wait for that.

Onto Everton now.

I get what you saying, but personally would say most pundits commentators praise us loads. But she appeared to be going out of her way to not saying anything positive or give any praise to anything we did.
She supported Stretford United as a kid, maybe she still does? She has an interesting history.

Only watched it on the box. I thought Leeds were very, very poor. Also, if they continue to be as physical, they'll struggle with suspensions soon - I hope; the ref was very lenient tonight.

We dominated the game and could have had 7 or 8. Maybe Alvarez will be in soon to finish some of those missed chances as he is as clinical as anyone in the squad - and he works his socks off.

Thought KDB was excellent and Rico Lewis continues to shine. 3 points from a difficult away game with a hostile crowd and very hostile and nasty opponents, so, I'm happy enough.

I'm not going to dish any critical dirt. Squad rotation will happen from now on and I expect the next 2 games will show continual improvement. Arsenal have Brighton away and Newcastle at home, so, let's wait and see how the table looks this time next week.

Decent enough performance and a good 3 points. Onwards and upwards.

A bit of a mixed bag tonight...

Rico Lewis was very strong again and looks very comfortable. I expect to see a lot more of him.

Grealish's first half performance was horrific. He seemed to look a lot more serious in the 2nd half and his decision making was a lot better and obviously had the 2 assists.

Haaland had a poor game but 2 goals in a poor game is a nice benchmark to have.

KDB was awesome again for the second game running and miles ahead of everybody.

Everyone else had good and bad points.

It was a strange game to judge as Leeds don't really play normal football. Were Leeds awful or were we good? I don't know, but another 3 points and keep ploughing on.

Got to improve our finishing and game management. They were inches from 2-3 where we should have had at least 6 if we had shooting boots on.
Atwell a disgrace as expected, truly shocking home biased performance
Agreed. Instead of scoring 6 or 7 (the big man should easily have a hattrick tonight), we gave them momentum without any reason. We have paid the price for such an attitude, dropping silly points in matches we should have won comfortably...

The most astonishing stat? Leeds and City ended the match with the same amount of yellow cards. Let me repeat that : City received 3 yellow cards tonight, the same as leeds. Atwell is a God. Did he actually stop that Joao counter attack giving them a foul? Guess what, a few seconds later they missed an opportunity for making it 2-3...

Leeds' "physicality" (that's how they call it, right?) is an experience to watch. A serious candidate for the dirtiest team in the country, a bunch of cunts guided by an American asshole. Did he avoid shaking hands with Pep in the end? I truly hope they go down. I will wait for the injury report though, hopefully all our players got out safe from that shit hole...

Rodri probably the best player on the pitch during first half, Kevin the most influential during the second, whatever I write regarding his quality won't be enough. It was a must win match in a difficult stadium, against a Leeds side highly motivated, fighting for their lives. Considering the circumstances, the team responded well. Obviously we can do much much better (individually - collectively), nevertheless City's personality, control of the game (and its rhythm), patience and execution of the tactical plan, were decisive. Leeds had literally nothing to show (apart from kicking the shit out of us, their only "strategy" to cope with our game), until we became a bit complacent, losing concentration, switching off. But we were already three up...

Congratulations for the victory, get some well deserved rest. And prepare for another must win in three days. In what seems to be the story of an extremely complicated season: A sequence of must win matches, till the very last one...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.