Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

Yeah i called out that Cancelo incident that was actually a foul on Cancelo not the other way around. Ide love for him to try and explain that one away. He did a similar awful job at Brighton about 18 months ago, in one incident the Brighton player took three kicks at Jesus before finally bringing him down, Atwell put the whistle to his lips but seeing Brighton had broke clear in a dangerous position he didn’t bother to blow. If that ain’t cheating I don’t know what is. He also sent off Cancelo so maybe there’s a theme.
he's got form

I made a post about this last night. I found it odd that neither Mahrez or Grealish made concerted attacks from the wings. As soon as either received the ball, more often than not they passed back or sideways.

Jack revealed at the end of last season that he's has to curb his natural instinct to take on defenders & prioritise keeping possession instead. Far be it from me to advise Guardiola, but I think we need to introduce a bit of unpredictable maverick jeopardy from the wings.

I've never viewed Jack as a traditional winger. He's more of a left midfielder. We need dedicated wing wizardry on both sides, as this season it seems Mahrez's powers are waning & he'll be 32 next birthday too & he's the only dedicated winger we've got.

Agreed, our finishing was profligate last night & we must do better, but I must disagree that Mahrez was very good in either half.

We're in desperate need for a new overlapping left footed left back, a quick traditional winger or two. We just don't seem to have that Sterling/Sane option to switch our style of attack any longer.

We already know Gundog may leave in the summer & KDB will be 32 by then too, & we're STILL surrounded by Bernardo uncertainty... AGAIN! We've potentially got a very big midfield/winger rebuilding job ahead of us.

That is not the wingers fault it is the set up.

Midfielders and central striker benefit from yesterday 3 CB + 1 inverted fullback system. It enables KDB and Gundo avoid to drop too deep and can stay close to the goal most of the time. The wingers suffer a bit because they don't have traditional fullbacks backup from behind and further away from goal.

In the game vs Utd and Chelsea we played a different system with fullbacks in their "traditional" position releasing the wingers to come inside. Grealish Foden and Mahrez were brilliant in those games.

It is really depending on the system.

Last edited:
It showed City passing the ball really tightly in the defensive third, footballing coolness from the gods, and it got absolutely ignored by the commentary team who praised Leeds ‘pressing with intensity.’

Even by our high standards it was super composed play that probably no other team could have produced.
Watching that I was thinking there's no other team on the planet able to do it like that. Pep's a fucking sorcerer.

Just watched the video highlights on HOOFOO - there was one little incident in the coverage that I stopped and reran a couple of times.
Jack stole the ball and set off for goal and at exactly the right moment he passed to Erling for his first goal. But it was the bit after that intrigued me. Jack's reaction in the corner of the pitch. He reacted as if he had just scored a wonder goal - so pleased for him. Especially after those misses in the first half.

I was there and it was decent support from both home and away. Proper atmosphere with lots of banter without the coin throwing and sub human behaviour from the ferals at the western end of the M62. There are not many ground in the country where you would get the singing in the home end that there was when they went 2-0 down and looked down and out. Definitely must have motivated there players
Leeds away.at the end of the day is a fixture you would look out for
Proper ground,you know it will be noisy,used to love going there.was in their south (away end at the time)stand one November back in the day and I remember a Firework exploding..sent with love from the home end to our right.
Anyone remember the name of That pub....behind the away end?

Leeds away.at the end of the day is a fixture you would look out for
Proper ground,you know it will be noisy,used to love going there.was in their south (away end at the time)stand one November back in the day and I remember a Firework exploding..sent with love from the home end to our right.
Anyone remember the name of That pub....behind the away end?
The Old Peacock ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.