Leeds United (A) - Sat 30th April, 17:30 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to pick a side without knowing the specifics of where everyone is fitness-wise. Maybe something like this:

————-——-Ederson————
Cancelo—Dias—Laporte—Zinchenko
————-Rodri—Gundogan———-
———————De Bruyne—————
Sterling———-Jesus———Foden

Tempting to go with Ake ahead of Laporte. But given that Laporte is likely to play in Madrid, maybe best to give him another game with Dias. Maybe Grealish for Foden, but I‘d prefer us to start strong and look to get Foden, De Bruyne and Rodri off asap with the game hopefully won.
Grealish will definitely start

If you rest your best players and then drop points, why have you done it?

The Scousers will be resting nobody.
Maybe one or two have not recovered fully but we really need to field best 11 in each game. However, are we really sure what the best 11 is? After the other night I would argue Ake should start ahead of Laporte. Has the 100 million man's season finished? Is Jesus now part of that first 11? You could go on!!

-------------------Ederson
Cancelo---Dias---Laporte---Zinchenko
----------------------Rodri
----------De Bruyne---Bernardo
Sterling-----------Jesus------------Grealish

Can think about resting players when the game is won.

This game will show which trophy Pep will prioritise, knowing full well that Real Madrid will rest 11 players this weekend.
I personally think he will make 5 or 6 changes & hope he can get the job done.
Most likely something like this:
Ederson
Cancelo Dias Ake Zinchenko
Bernardo Fernandinho Gundogan
Sterling Jesus Grealish
That side should still be winning at Leeds, albeit both Sterling and Grealish are not exactly in the best of form. Pep will definitely have one eye on Wednesday and there will be rotation despite what most think on here. Unfortunately, we are not in the Dippers position where they can rest players for their CL second leg game.

This game will show which trophy Pep will prioritise, knowing full well that Real Madrid will rest 11 players this weekend.
I personally think he will make 5 or 6 changes & hope he can get the job done.
Most likely something like this:
Ederson
Cancelo Dias Ake Zinchenko
Bernardo Fernandinho Gundogan
Sterling Jesus Grealish
Like his prioritising worked so well last season .
11 best players out there get it won and then ring the changes.
Any other way only leaves unnecessary work for ourselves.

I hope you are right, but I wouldn’t be so sure. Pep has mentioned only recently that Kev has been playing with an ankle injury.

Great, as soon my nerves have settled a bit due to the fact we haven’t played for a couple of days, I then have to be reminded about De Bruynes dodgy ankle. De Bruyne has to play every game, but if he gets injured I don’t think we can beat Liverpool in the final, assuming we get there. We may have just enough to get to the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.