Leeds United (H) - Sat 6th May, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Stones can fill in if he has Ilkay and Bernie beside him? Kev hopefully in that midfield too.

Vital game tomorrow, but equally the Newcastle game on Sunday. I rarely focus on the ‘other’ team in the title race but feel this time it’s so important. If we win and Arsenal don’t, we can feasibly rest a few against Everton between the Real games and I think it will make a huge difference over the next few weeks. Don’t get me wrong we can still get a result at Goodison with the likes of Palmer, Gomez, Philips and Laporte starting but expecting it to be difficult.

Can’t underestimate how much going this deep for a treble takes it out of the players, Pep cited tiredness again in his press conference. I hate to say it but Liverpool went deep in PL and CL last year and by the time the CL final came around they were not the same team, the levels had dropped (I think). It’s my biggest fear in the run in. Hoping the levels since Easter don’t tail off, it’s very difficult to maintain for this long so any permutation where we can rest or rotate could make the difference come the end of the season
I ‘d think if Pep decides Rodri needs a break he’d probably put Gundogan in there and have Stones stepping in beside him again would be my guess.

I hate to say it but Liverpool went deep in PL and CL last year and by the time the CL final came around they were not the same team, the levels had dropped (I think). It’s my biggest fear in the run in.
Right. When we were playing the semi-finals last year, I thought there was little chance of winning the final against Liverpool, but by the time of the CL final, it felt like a huge missed opportunity as Liverpool had dropped off by then. It doesn't take a long time to lose form, we experienced it in 2021 when players like Rodri and Cancelo lost form by the end of the season and were out of the starting XI by the CL final date.

The only thing to concern me is them diving into tackles early doors and us picking up injuries, nice to get 2-0 up as quick as possible, demoralise them then put 6 in .
They did that under Marsch and didn't do them any good.

Certain players could do with a break before the RM game, I'm thinking Stones, Dias, Rodri, Grealish and Bernardo
If he's fit, KDB needs to start to get some game time as he'll be first name on the team sheet vs Madrid

I'd go back to an old fashioned 4-4-2

..................Ederson
Walker....Akanji....Laporte....Ake
...........KDB......Gundogan
Mahrez..............................Foden
..........Alvarez.......Haaland
Have Stones and Dias had such a long, gruelling season?

IMO they could be at the heart of our defence for the whole run-in.

Some of them do need a break though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.