Leeds United Thread - 2022/23

There is a reason why everyone sings "We all hate Leeds scum" and "We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds" yesterday and it showed it. One off their players McKennie and they started chanting "You fat B******" when he came off. No wonder he left Leeds straight away on the train. They also sent vile messages to Bamford when he missed crucial chances and a penalty.

Also another club who people claim are bigger than us which is definitely not true. We had more success than they did even when we were awful. And it makes me laugh when they sing "Champions of Europe" when they never won anything in Europe.

They will always be the laughing stock that they are. They went from Valencia in the Champions League semi finals to getting beaten by a Non League club in the FA Cup by a player who was a postman back in 2008.

Appointing Big Sam who was looking for a big payday was always going to end in disaster. I think Mike Bassett would have done a better job than he did.

Bielsa was hopeless as well at the end.He is as much to blame as the rest of them.
Good riddance hope they rot in the lower leagues.

Not feeling a lot of love for the Yorkists, such a shame with some of their oh so "special" support.

Their Italian owner wants to flog them so he can buy Inter Milan. I think their co owners are improbably the San Francisco 49ers.

Potentially with them back in the Championship, the Yanks could pick em up cut price, and fund a promotion charge.

Or they could get very cold feet and look for an easier mark......

Bielsa definitely got bucket fatigue by the end, but marsche was an exceptionally poor appointment, his main contribution to make them re-embrace their inner neanderthal.

Still an awful lot going for the puddings, if they can invest in the team, get a new stadium, evolve their fans...........

If they start feeling sorry for themselves, a lot of clubs are going to take pleasure in giving them a rude awakening. I think a quick promotion or it might be a while before they have anything like their current momentum.

For a supposed big club they have a shite history really. Only formed in 1919 from memory. And barely done anything for over 20 years.

I have been around a long time and I remember when Man City fans complained about how their club had barely done anything in living memory. Be careful about getting too cocky because those days might come back. For the record, I bear no ill will towards your club and wish you continued success but it can't last forever.

Spent 15 years out of the last 40 in the top division.

No domestic cup final since 1974.

Spent 46% of their history outside the top flight.

They are back where they belong.

We were in a league cup final in 1996. I think your maths is also off: it'll be more like 57% as we've spent 23 of the last 40 years outside the top flight.

1919 is more than 100 years ago. Even with your poor maths you should be capable of grasping that detail. That means we've been around quite a long time, and if you count Leeds City as our precursor club, even longer.

I don't agree with your view that we are back where we belong. In terms of supporter base, we are a massive club and certainly had more supporters than Man City until your recent success brought lots of plastic supporters from all over the country and overseas. It may be you don't like our club, but that's of no relevance to the question of where we belong in the scheme of things. Saying we belong in the second tier is like saying Everton or Newcastle United belong in the second tier. Whether you like them or not, they don't.

There is a reason why everyone sings "We all hate Leeds scum" and "We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds" yesterday and it showed it. One off their players McKennie and they started chanting "You fat B******" when he came off. No wonder he left Leeds straight away on the train. They also sent vile messages to Bamford when he missed crucial chances and a penalty.

Also another club who people claim are bigger than us which is definitely not true. We had more success than they did even when we were awful. And it makes me laugh when they sing "Champions of Europe" when they never won anything in Europe.

They will always be the laughing stock that they are. They went from Valencia in the Champions League semi finals to getting beaten by a Non League club in the FA Cup by a player who was a postman back in 2008.

Appointing Big Sam who was looking for a big payday was always going to end in disaster. I think Mike Bassett would have done a better job than he did.
I agree that some of our fans can be unpleasant, but is that greatly different from fans of other clubs? Maybe your club has been chloroformed and the Real Man City died at Maine Road and what you have now is a Plastic Smiley Club with light blue scarves, happy children's faces, well-behaved fans and a soulless stadium. I enjoyed my trip to your stadium for the game between us, but it's not the same as Maine Road. That was a real atmosphere. It's like West Ham. I loved Upton Park, but now that's gone and replaced by the City of London Stadium - a shiny new Plastic Smiley Club, with no atmosphere.

Anyway, like the other commenter, you don't seem to know much about our history.

You claim we have never won anything in Europe. In fact, we won the Fairs Cup twice, which was the precursor of the UEFA Cup, and we were also runners-up twice in that competition, and have been runners-up in the European Cup and the old European Cup Winners' Cup.

That record was easily superior to yours until the sovereign investors came into your club, as you had only one won European trophy (back in the late 60s) - though let me stress that I don't begrudge your club the success you have enjoyed in recent years. I am pleased for you.

The reason the Leeds United supporters traditionally sing 'We Are The Champions, The Champions of Europe', is due to the controversial 1975 European Cup final against Bayern Munich, in which, we believe, we were cheated by a corrupt or incompetent referee - and this was not just a partisan Leeds view, but a view widely held by neutral observers of the match.

We did slide from a Champions League semi-final to the third tier - something to think about for those Man City supporters who are now cocky. It's not your personal achievement anyway, you're just a supporter, so not sure what there is for you to be cocky about when doing down other clubs. It's not as if you've personally plotted Man City's meteoric rise. You're just a face in the crowd, a nobody, like I am, like we all are.

Bielsa was hopeless as well at the end.He is as much to blame as the rest of them.
Good riddance hope they rot in the lower leagues.

I agree with your comment about Bielsa. I think his time at Leeds was successful but it also laid the basis for future problems.

I'm not sure why you want my club to rot. We've done nothing to you.

Not feeling a lot of love for the Yorkists, such a shame with some of their oh so "special" support.

Their Italian owner wants to flog them so he can buy Inter Milan. I think their co owners are improbably the San Francisco 49ers.

Potentially with them back in the Championship, the Yanks could pick em up cut price, and fund a promotion charge.

Or they could get very cold feet and look for an easier mark......

Bielsa definitely got bucket fatigue by the end, but marsche was an exceptionally poor appointment, his main contribution to make them re-embrace their inner neanderthal.

Still an awful lot going for the puddings, if they can invest in the team, get a new stadium, evolve their fans...........

If they start feeling sorry for themselves, a lot of clubs are going to take pleasure in giving them a rude awakening. I think a quick promotion or it might be a while before they have anything like their current momentum.
If it's not a quick promotion, then by definition it will be a while. That's just stating the obvious.

What happens next all depends on whether the club can be decisive and make sound decisions this summer.

I don't personally specially mind being in the Championship. If we stay there for more than a season, it should mean that I can get back to Elland Road for the first time in the while. The downside of being in the top flight is that getting tickets becomes a lottery because of all the plastics who jump on the bandwagon, and they tend to be the type of people who know how to snap up tickets.

We were out of the top flight for 16 years and I got used to it and actually quite liked it at times. It can be more fun travelling around the different stadia and visiting obscure and lesser-known clubs. There isn't the pressure at the lower levels that is prevalent in the Premier League and you can enjoy the football more.

Last edited:
I don't agree with your view that we are back where we belong. In terms of supporter base, we are a massive club and certainly had more supporters than Man City until your recent success brought lots of plastic supporters from all over the country and overseas.
I've no issue with your club either, but that is bollocks.

You have great (in some terms anyway) support, you should just embrace it rather than have a go at ours, we are in a 2 (+) club City, and you are in a single club City, so it's far easier to be well supported.

The downside of being in the top flight is that getting tickets becomes a lottery because of all the plastics who jump on the bandwagon, and they tend to be the type of people who know how to snap up tickets.
I've recently worked with a Leeds fan, who (with his dad) was home and away, yet lived in Bournemouth. That is dedication, and they did it through the shit times too.

As a club you have serious problems that won't be easy to sort out, manager and players, and there doesn't seem to be a plan, and in the end it's why you went down.

I have been around a long time and I remember when Man City fans complained about how their club had barely done anything in living memory. Be careful about getting too cocky because those days might come back. For the record, I bear no ill will towards your club and wish you continued success but it can't last forever.

We were in a league cup final in 1996. I think your maths is also off: it'll be more like 57% as we've spent 23 of the last 40 years outside the top flight.

1919 is more than 100 years ago. Even with your poor maths you should be capable of grasping that detail. That means we've been around quite a long time, and if you count Leeds City as our precursor club, even longer.

I don't agree with your view that we are back where we belong. In terms of supporter base, we are a massive club and certainly had more supporters than Man City until your recent success brought lots of plastic supporters from all over the country and overseas. It may be you don't like our club, but that's of no relevance to the question of where we belong in the scheme of things. Saying we belong in the second tier is like saying Everton or Newcastle United belong in the second tier. Whether you like them or not, they don't.

I agree that some of our fans can be unpleasant, but is that greatly different from fans of other clubs? Maybe your club has been chloroformed and the Real Man City died at Maine Road and what you have now is a Plastic Smiley Club with light blue scarves, happy children's faces, well-behaved fans and a soulless stadium. I enjoyed my trip to your stadium for the game between us, but it's not the same as Maine Road. That was a real atmosphere. It's like West Ham. I loved Upton Park, but now that's gone and replaced by the City of London Stadium - a shiny new Plastic Smiley Club, with no atmosphere.

Anyway, like the other commenter, you don't seem to know much about our history.

You claim we have never won anything in Europe. In fact, we won the Fairs Cup twice, which was the precursor of the UEFA Cup, and we were also runners-up twice in that competition, and have been runners-up in the European Cup and the old European Cup Winners' Cup.

That record was easily superior to yours until the sovereign investors came into your club, as you had only one won European trophy (back in the late 60s) - though let me stress that I don't begrudge your club the success you have enjoyed in recent years. I am pleased for you.

The reason the Leeds United supporters traditionally sing 'We Are The Champions, The Champions of Europe', is due to the controversial 1975 European Cup final against Bayern Munich, in which, we believe, we were cheated by a corrupt or incompetent referee - and this was not just a partisan Leeds view, but a view widely held by neutral observers of the match.

We did slide from a Champions League semi-final to the third tier - something to think about for those Man City supporters who are now cocky. It's not your personal achievement anyway, you're just a supporter, so not sure what there is for you to be cocky about when doing down other clubs. It's not as if you've personally plotted Man City's meteoric rise. You're just a face in the crowd, a nobody, like I am, like we all are.

I agree with your comment about Bielsa. I think his time at Leeds was successful but it also laid the basis for future problems.

I'm not sure why you want my club to rot. We've done nothing to you.

If it's not a quick promotion, then by definition it will be a while. That's just stating the obvious.

What happens next all depends on whether the club can be decisive and make sound decisions this summer.

I don't personally specially mind being in the Championship. If we stay there for more than a season, it should mean that I can get back to Elland Road for the first time in the while. The downside of being in the top flight is that getting tickets becomes a lottery because of all the plastics who jump on the bandwagon, and they tend to be the type of people who know how to snap up tickets.

We were out of the top flight for 16 years and I got used to it and actually quite liked it at times. It can be more fun travelling around the different stadia and visiting obscure and lesser-known clubs. There isn't the pressure at the lower levels that is prevalent in the Premier League and you can enjoy the football more.
“In terms of supporter base, we are a massive club and certainly had more supporters than Man City”

Yet Leeds all time average is 5k less than City’s So certainly did not ever

The Inter City Fairs Cup was never a UEFA competition Consequently, the confederation does not consider clubs' records in the Fairs Cup to be part of their European record So consequently Leeds have never won anything in Europe
95 Season of which 43 outside top flight =45%
City’s record is 119 season of which 26 outside top flight =21%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.