Left Back

BobbyQ90 said:
If you watch videos of Kolarov on youtube or watched him before he came to City
and picked up that injury, he seemed to have much more pace.
He was always known as a pacy player in Italy.
Now his pace seems to be coming back, so does his work rate.
I've also noticed ever since AJ came back from injury he seems to have lost a step.
They both had tendon injuries in their ankles and it seems it takes some time to get back to full speed after coming back.
I really doubt that LB is a major target for Mancini.
Vertonghen seems to be the best choice because of his ability to fill in at LB and midfield when needed.

Kolarov's lost his pace man. Wonder if it'll ever come back. That's a hard one to come back. Typically after most injuries that affect your pace, its never 100%. Henry, Ljungberg, even Torres doesn't have the same pace he used to imo

jjeangi said:
BobbyQ90 said:
I've also noticed ever since AJ came back from injury he seems to have lost a step.
They both had tendon injuries in their ankles and it seems it takes some time to get back to full speed after coming back.
Vertonghen seems to be the best choice because of his ability to fill in at LB and midfield when needed.

Kolarov's lost his pace man. Wonder if it'll ever come back. That's a hard one to come back. Typically after most injuries that affect your pace, its never 100%. Henry, Ljungberg, even Torres doesn't have the same pace he used to imo

He also pulls out of tackles - cant afford that................

blueabdi said:
I believe kolarov is decent guy n am sure he wil improve next season if he stays out of injury bt v shld get d guy frm ajax coz he can play both as Cb and Lb if needed no fuckin baines or cahil get sanchez and matta frm valencia . Get back adebayor i stil believe he is good striker. I hope tevez stays otherwise augero 4me has d same energy

I believe kolarov is Respectable bloke and am sure he will improve next season if he stays out of damage to people but very should get the bloke from ajax because he can play both as Citizen Band radio and pound if required no fucking baines or cahil get sanchez and matter from valencia . Get back adebayor I still believe he is good striker. I hope tevez stays otherwise augero for me has the same energy

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lingo2word.com/translate.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lingo2word.com/translate.php</a>

jjeangi said:
BobbyQ90 said:

Yeah, they all did lose a step but look at the injury history of all of them.
Torres has been inured countless times over the past few years, so its almost impossible to get back to full pace when you don't really have a chance.
If you have read about Henry lately, he supposedly has been on a really good run of form after a horrible first season in the MLS.
I think the reason behind that is a good period of time staying injury free and Kolarov has never been injury prone at all.
I don't think player's lose their pace unless something is really hindering their fluidity, such as life long knee, ankle or hip injuries.
Kolarov will look like the player he was at Lazio next year, I hope.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
This should be the first position we look at next season. Sign Baines, keep Zab and get rid of Kolarov.
I promise you, you'd change your mind next season. Kolarov is a capable defender. Not as good offensively, but very good defensively

Dax777 said:
This should be the first position we look at next season. Sign Baines, keep Zab and get rid of Kolarov.
I promise you, you'd change your mind next season. Kolarov is a capable defender. Not as good offensively, but very good defensively

Maybe,but like the poster above has mentioned,he doesn't seem to have the heart for a fight,maybe the injury has knocked his confidence and he doesn't fancy the rough stuff anymore? He just seems a bit 'wet' to me.

Hope he comes good though,the evidence was in his favour towards the end of the season.

FantasyIreland said:
Dax777 said:

Maybe,but like the poster above has mentioned,he doesn't seem to have the heart for a fight,maybe the injury has knocked his confidence and he doesn't fancy the rough stuff anymore? He just seems a bit 'wet' to me.

Hope he comes good though,the evidence was in his favour towards the end of the season.

Kolarov? Outside of Nige and Zab, no one goes in harder at City than Kolarov. Even the loss of pace thing is overstated. He is not blazing fast, but by the end of the season he was already up to speed. This whole paceless thing came from that game against the champioship team with that fast rightwinger who bothered him all day. But on the average he is as fast as your midrange LB. Perhaps not Clichy fast, but capable enough.

It is his offensive decision making on the ball that sucks. Even his movement off it, is quite fantastic. Those dumb shots and poor crosses are his main weakness.

He will cockup some plays, but everyone does that, even Silva (with his unusual miscontrols the last 3 games) but Kolarov is solid and workmanlike. If not for his poor decisions, and the fact that Mancini relies on him to be the more creative fullback, I'd be fine with him.

If Micah had the crossing touch of Van Der Wiel or even Boyatta- I'wouldn't even worry about Kolarov.

Dude has been very good defensively the last 2 months. Better than Lescott who for some unknown reason :P gets high praises weekly for heading out lots of balls that weren't dangerous to start with :?

br55 said:
I am hearing about us looking for a central defender, another top midlielder and striker which is fair enough if we are gonna challenge at the highest level. But I am really concerned about the left back position in the team and we must sign a top left back if we can.

Are you? What else do you worry about? Did this 'fact' need a complete new thread????

ANY1aBLUE said:
br55 said:
I am hearing about us looking for a central defender, another top midlielder and striker which is fair enough if we are gonna challenge at the highest level. But I am really concerned about the left back position in the team and we must sign a top left back if we can.

Are you? What else do you worry about? Did this 'fact' need a complete new thread????
You've been participating in this thread previous to this post and yet now you think to ask that question?

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Dax777 said:

Kolarov? Outside of Nige and Zab, no one goes in harder at City than Kolarov. Even the loss of pace thing is overstated. He is not blazing fast, but by the end of the season he was already up to speed. This whole paceless thing came from that game against the champioship team with that fast rightwinger who bothered him all day. But on the average he is as fast as your midrange LB. Perhaps not Clichy fast, but capable enough.

It is his offensive decision making on the ball that sucks. Even his movement off it, is quite fantastic. Those dumb shots and poor crosses are his main weakness.

He will cockup some plays, but everyone does that, even Silva (with his unusual miscontrols the last 3 games) but Kolarov is solid and workmanlike. If not for his poor decisions, and the fact that Mancini relies on him to be the more creative fullback, I'd be fine with him.

If Micah had the crossing touch of Van Der Wiel or even Boyatta- I'wouldn't even worry about Kolarov.

Dude has been very good defensively the last 2 months. Better than Lescott who for some unknown reason :P gets high praises weekly for heading out lots of balls that weren't dangerous to start with :?
Unfortunately, Mancini's system depends on attacking fullbacks. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.