Left Back

Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Looks way too slow to me. If that's down to an injury fair enough but otherwise, I think he'll struggle because he doesn't seem to read the game well enough defensively to make up for his lack of pace. Personally I like to see full backs with enough pace to get up and down the pitch effectively. I'd like us to go for Gibbs or Assou Ekotto to give him some competition. I don't think having two left backs is too much.
No offense but Assou Ekotto? No, I'm afraid not.

Can only go on what I see and he looks good every time I see him. Fast and strong, a good box to box full back imo. Much better than baines imo although I realise the genral consensus seems to be that Baines is a better player. Gibbs would be a great signing if we could get him and keep him fit but I suspect he will be Arsenal's first choice left back next season.
I've seen him quite a bit this season and his positioning is horrible, his decision making is panic-driven, and he just forgets he's playing football at times.

schfc6 said:
His free kicks have been and are dangerous as are his corners.

I think, on the whole, that his corners have been a disgrace.<br /><br />-- Wed May 25, 2011 2:40 pm --<br /><br />
taconinja said:
Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:
No offense but Assou Ekotto? No, I'm afraid not.

Can only go on what I see and he looks good every time I see him. Fast and strong, a good box to box full back imo. Much better than baines imo although I realise the genral consensus seems to be that Baines is a better player. Gibbs would be a great signing if we could get him and keep him fit but I suspect he will be Arsenal's first choice left back next season.
I've seen him quite a bit this season and his positioning is horrible, his decision making is panic-driven, and he just forgets he's playing football at times.

That is your truth and I respect it. ;)

Would not have Baines on principal that it would give that horrible
twat Moyes some money in the bank to spend.

Whitworth Park said:
Would not have Baines on principal that it would give that horrible
twat Moyes some money in the bank to spend.
I don't care about the money. Just don't want to listen to his histrionics.

I believe kolarov is decent guy n am sure he wil improve next season if he stays out of injury bt v shld get d guy frm ajax coz he can play both as Cb and Lb if needed no fuckin baines or cahil get sanchez and matta frm valencia . Get back adebayor i stil believe he is good striker. I hope tevez stays otherwise augero 4me has d same energy

I expect Mancini to buy Vertonghen, Which would be a challenge for Lescott's spot and a cover for Kolarov at the same time. I expect Vertonghen to beat out Lescott easily once he gets used to the Prem speed. So by say November Jan should be the starting CD. Kolarov who has been solid defensively for the most part will get a 2nd year to start, but if he falters we'd have a LB in Vertoghen to take over and Lescott back at CD.

Hence why Vertoghen is a good Shout.

zeven said:
ban-mcfc said:
nothing wrong with lescott, hes been class. CB not needed IMO.
what if Lescott or Kompany get injured? oh Yes we need one CB 3 CB for rotation

Micah,Zab and kolorov kan rotate on the fullbacks

Mancini have it spot on what we need in my opinion.
Boateng, Boyata and Kolo.. No team in the Prem has that strength in depth at CB. I'd hate to see the Kompany and Lescott partnership broken up!

If you watch videos of Kolarov on youtube or watched him before he came to City
and picked up that injury, he seemed to have much more pace.
He was always known as a pacy player in Italy.
Now his pace seems to be coming back, so does his work rate.
I've also noticed ever since AJ came back from injury he seems to have lost a step.
They both had tendon injuries in their ankles and it seems it takes some time to get back to full speed after coming back.
I really doubt that LB is a major target for Mancini.
Vertonghen seems to be the best choice because of his ability to fill in at LB and midfield when needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.