Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Cucurella any good? I‘ve only seen Brighton when they play us and don’t remember him.

Is he quick? If he’s no better than Zinchenko then no need for him, Zinny is perfectly good back up for Cancelo. He was bloody amazing on Sunday!

Is Cucurella any good? I‘ve only seen Brighton when they play us and don’t remember him.

Is he quick? If he’s no better than Zinchenko then no need for him, Zinny is perfectly good back up for Cancelo. He was bloody amazing on Sunday!
Those were exceptional circumstances against a Villa side that wilted. Before that, however, and in recent weeks, we've seen that teams have started to play more narrowly to negate Cancelo's threat. That will only happen more next season, so we need to evolve and find someone who can exploit the outside left of a team with more pace than Zichenko. I don't know who that player will be, but I suspect we're looking for players that complement what we already have rather than replacements. We don't need replacements anymore, we need players with the skill sets that we don't have, and that's true in every area of the park.

Many people think that the five substitute rule will be hugely beneficial for us because it will allow Guardiola greater scope across a season in terms of squad depth, i.e. rest and rotation. But actually, the greatest benefit will come within games, as he will be able to adjust his systems more frequently. The use of substitutes next season will be like chess, and the teams that have more versatile players that allow more angles of attack will be the ones that prevail.

Cucurella is by far Brighton’s best player, as a fullback. Rapid, passing, crossing, also good at defending 1v1.

he’s better than Zinchenko. The idea is that Cancelo ain’t gonna be the main lb in a season ish. And we need depth on that position

Cucurella is by far Brighton’s best player, as a fullback. Rapid, passing, crossing, also good at defending 1v1.

he’s better than Zinchenko. The idea is that Cancelo ain’t gonna be the main lb in a season ish. And we need depth on that position
What is this nonsense?

Cancelo is 27, he will be our starting LB till the day he leaves.

Maybe if our new LB is as good as Walker in terms of speed, strength and determination then maybe Cancelo will be as gogoodt RB as he is today at LB (with Walker at RB).

ATM Canco is a better LB than RB imo.
Agree with that, Cancelo seems better on left, but he’s class both, a great option.

Maybe if our new LB is as good as Walker in terms of speed, strength and determination then maybe Cancelo will be as gogoodt RB as he is today at LB (with Walker at RB).

ATM Canco is a better LB than RB imo.
That’s my point. City are going for a leftback and zinchenko seems set on staying. Cancelo is still starting on the left until the new lad settles, but Walker is 32 and needs rotation more and Cancelo will succeed him eventually on the right

That’s my point. City are going for a leftback and zinchenko seems set on staying. Cancelo is still starting on the left until the new lad settles, but Walker is 32 and needs rotation more and Cancelo will succeed him eventually on the right
Maybe, maybe not.
Maybe we’ll get another RB, Walker has been injured but no signs of him slowing down or needing too much rotation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.