Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having the luxury of starting the season with Cancelo and Walker, then moving Cucurella in there for more overlapping runs behind GRealish and Foden for delivery for Haaland is always nice.

Then when Walkers needs resting Cancelo moves over etc. Depth is key next season.
They have Kabore or the rumour of targetting Gusto at Lyon for RB are both U21 if they wanna pad out the squad. As well as Egan-Riley (but seems to be earmarked as a CB at the min)

They have Kabore or the rumour of targetting Gusto at Lyon for RB are both U21 if they wanna pad out the squad. As well as Egan-Riley (but seems to be earmarked as a CB at the min)
By reports it sounds like Pep wants a left footed LB who's gonna push Cancelo and Walker, which those three doesn't. I did say a bit back that i wanted Kabore as backup to Walker if Zinchenko left and Cancelo and Cucurella were the LBs

By reports it sounds like Pep wants a left footed LB who's gonna push Cancelo and Walker, which those three doesn't. I did say a bit back that i wanted Kabore as backup to Walker if Zinchenko left and Cancelo and Cucurella were the LBs
I just meant they have options it increase the depth at RB as well rather then flip flop Cancelo between.

Kabore & Gusto are a bit more Walker-esque on that side to cover the high line.

I just meant they have options it increase the depth at RB as well rather then flip flop Cancelo between.

Kabore & Gusto are a bit more Walker-esque on that side to cover the high line.
I mean they are options if Zinchenko goes or Cucurella falls through but it seems as per reports that Pep wants a left footed lb. I like both Gusto and Kabore.

If we sign Cucurella, I think he will surprise a few and within a couple of games he will be our first choice LB.
At least how good he is. Hard to bench Walker and Cancelo but if does his thing he's gonna be so important vs the lower teams we face. Him and Cancelo on each side.

I don't understand why we want a LB more than a RB.

Cancelo should start on the left, Zinny is more than capable back-up, and Ake and Laporte can cover there too.

At RB, we only have an aging Walker and Stones to cover. Cancelo looks dodgy as fuck on the right.
Your‘e not the only one to say this about Laporte but I don’t see it at all. The closer Laporte plays to the touch line even when he moves out there positionally to cover the fullback when playing in the CB position he looks uncomfortable. FB’s need to play close to the touch line and Laporte just can’t do that and play forward slide passes through narrow gaps along the wing.

Your‘e not the only one to say this about Laporte but I don’t see it at all. The closer Laporte plays to the touch line even when he moves out there positionally to cover the fullback when playing in the CB position he looks uncomfortable. FB’s need to play close to the touch line and Laporte just can’t do that and play forward slide passes through narrow gaps along the wing.
True, but he's fourth-choice to play there, he's good enough to be that. I'd want this defence next season:

Cancelo / Zinny - Laporte / Ake - Stones / Dias - Walker / New RB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.