Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you think it’s gonna be that easy getting cucurella out of Brighton then I’m afraid your very naive. Tony bloom is not an easy man to do business with particularly when cucurella has 4 years left on his contract.

Unless there is a release clause I can’t see us paying the money reauired to sign him this summer. They have quoted Leicester 60 mil for their goalkeeper Sanchez I’d imagine they would want the same for cucurella
Yet the fee reported by six journalists last week, as hinted on here by reliable people on here, is around 30-40m. So either Brighton are getting a good deal with City in regard to % and loans, or there's a clause, sure.

Don't think Brighton fans would accept them letting go of someone who's just won their player of the season and has 4 years left in his contract go for only £30mil

At that price it's a steal, but like Phillips, unless there is a release clause I see these values (for both) being much closer to £50mil which imo is too much for either

Don't think Brighton fans would accept them letting go of someone who's just won their player of the season and has 4 years left in his contract go for only £30mil

At that price it's a steal, but like Phillips, unless there is a release clause I see these values (for both) being much closer to £50mil which imo is too much for either
Can see money plus loans of decent players as a sweetner

Can see money plus loans of decent players as a sweetner
Genuine question, but has that ever been done

Hear it floated around but never actually seen it

Why would Brighton take significantly less money AND develop a player (assuming its a younger guy they'd be given) for us that they likely couldn't sign

Genuine question, but has that ever been done

Hear it floated around but never actually seen it

Why would Brighton take significantly less money AND develop a player (assuming its a younger guy they'd be given) for us that they likely couldn't sign
Not sure if done before but having a good relationship with club with best academy surely counts for something

Brighton would also receive double what they paid for him

Well there is nothing that suggests that the fee will be over 40m, as reported. More evidence point towards a clause or a fee by going on ITKs word and reports.

He has just come off the back of an excellent season and the chance of more than doubling their 15M investment must be tempting.

The player will probably earn double/treble his present wages if he arrives here.

He has just come off the back of an excellent season and the chance of more than doubling their 15M investment must be tempting.

The player will probably earn double/treble his present wages if he arrives here.
He's also JUST openly said he wouldnt say no to a top club and that brighton was a stepping stone... they'll probably sell now when the stocks are high.

Not that I rate this source just that it’s another link. Probably based on yesterday’s comments tho.

Not their call

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.