Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cucurella would partner really well with Ake as his CB partner.

The back 4 can tilt over and Ake is imo better wide in a back 3 than Laporte. Walker then makes sense as the RB who tucks in. Heck even Stones can play RB in this setup.

Then let's say we wanted the RB to go wide, Pep can play Cancelo there, and have Ake the LB who tucks in. I'd probably partner Stones there over Dias, as I think he is better suited wide in the back 3 over him as well.

This is if Pep isn't inverting the fullbacks anymore which he hasn't in a while, and perhaps wants one fullback to stretch the pitch with the otherside having the winger to switch to who can go 1on1. Also really allows Grealish to play LW much better, and perhaps doesn't need to play midfield if he has an attacking LB taking the wide space.

This puts Zinchenko in a weird spot in that he can do the wide thing, but it's not the best way he plays LB. Instead it's possible in this setup it makes sense to switch to a midfield 2 and let Zinchenko play there. So I could see something like this next season (one potential setup):

Haaland
Grealish, KdB, Palmer
Rodri,Bernie
Cucu, Ake, Dias, Walker

Tilt it left and it's now a 3241 (Pep's favourite way to attack through the 5 lanes) and now we can naturally build up on the left to attack and switch to Palmer (or whoever is RW) for 1on1.

Other scenario where the RB tilts right.

Haaland
Alvarez, KdB, Foden
Zinny, Rodri
Ake, Laporte, Stones, Cancelo

Cancelo was nominated as one of the best players this season, why bench him ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.