Left footers

I'm never convinced with left footers and penalties. Whenever there's a pen shootout and the left footer strides up I think OFH!

In 2017/18 we scored with 6 league penalties,all with right foot (Aguero, Gundogan, Sterling).

Can anybody put into words why we we might be uneasy about lefties taking penalties?

In 2017/18 we scored with 6 league penalties,all with right foot (Aguero, Gundogan, Sterling).

Can anybody put into words why we we might be uneasy about lefties taking penalties?

As a right footer I always think these left footers taking pens will perform exactly as I would with my left foot - no direction and no power! And I still can't get the picture of Silva's penalty out of my head whenever a left footer pops up for penalty practice!!

Glasgow, Bolton and now Edinburgh Dentists, Tangerine wet dream
nintchdbpict000314498524.jpg

Great goals yesterday from the Silvas and Sane, all left footers. There’s something a bit special about left-footers, but difficult to put into words. Something to do with curves and straight lines maybe.

What other lefties would be good to have? I suppose everybody would want Messi, but personally I’m pleased we haven’t got him, could unbalance things. Bale, not really, we already have Sane. Salah, well he would have fitted in well, certainly better than Sanchez, but not a possibility now.

Best City left- footers from the past? Well, there was Kinkladze of course and ‘that’ goal. Was Dennis Tueart a left footer I wonder?

But of course you can have too much of a good thing. A steely right footer would be good for our vacant DFM slot.

Sky tonight said we had over 40 goals scored with the left foot.

A fair number of those will be by right footed players.

Sky tonight said we had over 40 goals scored with the left foot.

A fair number of those will be by right footed players.

Yes I posted the years league stats a while ago. 47goals with right, 43 with left, 12 headers and 4 ogs. I have the data to find out how many goals scored with the ‘wrong’ foot, if anybody is interested. I remember that Sterling scored quite a few with his left, mainly from short range.

Yes I posted the years league stats a while ago. 47goals with right, 43 with left, 12 headers and 4 ogs. I have the data to find out how many goals scored with the ‘wrong’ foot, if anybody is interested. I remember that Sterling scored quite a few with his left, mainly from short range.

I'd be interested in that.

Serge & Baby Jesus probably have a few & KDB.

Right footers scoring with left in PL: Sterling 7, KDB 5, Jesus 3, Fern 2, Aguero 1, Danilo 1.

Left footers scoring with right in PL: Bernado and Delph, one each,

Cheers. Surprised Serge is only one. Bizarre stat from Sterling.

The quality of some of those finishes from KDB, Jesus & Fern as well, you would never believe they were right footed.

What a goal from Delph on his 'wrong' foot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.