Leicester (A) - Post-Match Thread

Couldn’t do this one but our end sounded great on TV, a marked contrast to Spurs
Think it helped being a single tier with a low roof. That was definitely the loudest I've heard our away support for years (I know we've not been to many in 18 months)
When the goal went in it sounded like 50000 cheering not the 250p we had.
Great support

I did wonder what the game would be like if both sides had the same tactic as Leicester.

Probably like the home derby last season: "The Manchester rivals looked every inch the seventh and eighth best teams in the Premier League over the course of a cagey affair, with each side managing a shot apiece on target in either half. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hailed Manchester United's display in Saturday's derby as the best of his tenure against Manchester City, despite a tedious 0-0 draw at Old Trafford."
I would love Pep to set up defensively again instead of attacking them and giving them space on the counter. Then, we will see how their manager handles the world's bestest attackers to get a result against an organised defense.

Couldn’t do this one but our end sounded great on TV, a marked contrast to Spurs
The TV company I watched it on (had Leon Osman on comms) held the camera on our end in the second half when we were singing “We’re Not Really Here” and the commentator (I forget who it was) said “the City fans have been in fine voice today and are making a huge noise in the away end as their team take this corner”.

At Spurs it was awful, it was like both the team and the fans weren’t ready for that game!

The TV company I watched it on (had Leon Osman on comms) held the camera on our end in the second half when we were singing “We’re Not Really Here” and the commentator (I forget who it was) said “the City fans have been in fine voice today and are making a huge noise in the away end as their team take this corner”.

At Spurs it was awful, it was like both the team and the fans weren’t ready for that game!
This clip doesn't do the loudness justice,but it was an amazing passionate day,UTB

I didn't do Spurs but was there on Saturday. Honestly, I don't think I can ever remember an atmosphere as good and as constant as that at an away game and I've seen us play on well over 100 grounds! After about 20 minutes I thought that there was no way we would keep it up much longer as it always tails off at some point, especially when the nerves start to kick in with some fans if we haven't scored, but it just went on and on. It helped that it's a good stadium for atmosphere and those wooden boards at the back of the stand were great for banging on to get songs going but even so you still need people to join in and sing and everyone was bang at it for the duration.

From start to finish it was one of the best away days in years. Our magical mystery rail tour of the East Midlands and South Yorkshire after the match added to it. Unbeknown to us, engineering works meant that the Nottingham to Manchester train was cancelled. I wondered why so many blues were getting the train from Leicester to Sheffield while we were virtually alone in getting the Leicester to Nottingham train and it was only when we were on that train that we found out why. So we ended up going from Leicester to Nottingham then changing there to get the train to Derby then changing at Derby to get the train to Sheffield and then changing again to get the train home.....not before a sneaky pint and a Jaergerbomb in The Howard pub in Sheffield as we had a spare 20 minutes or so. Drank enough beer to sink a battleship during the day but it's City innit? It's what we do ;)

The offside call was very tight and he still seems quite rapid and brilliant in those situations. Leicester are a very good team and I think they are still very dangerous - our defending has improved rather than them getting worse imo.
As this team evolves the defending improves - the Dias effect. For sure, apart from his individual brilliance, Dias keeps us in a 'hard to break down' formation when teams lob it over our midfield and attack us. Obvious comment I know.

I only got to watch it yesterday right the way through, but what's striking about it is that a match that we totally mastered for perhaps 90% or even more is one we could quite easily have drawn. Or even lost. It's worrying. This happens a bit too often with us. Now the opposition are obviously going to get chances, but Leicester's were clear ones. There were only two or three (and the offside goal looked very, very tight to me), but they were clear-cut chances.
Against the top clubs we will be punished, I believe. And don't get me wrong: overall, that was an excellent performance, against a team who are no mugs.

On another note. Raz looks pretty lost these days. It is sad to see. Oh, and I don't know if it's only me, but Rúben (who is looking better and better in his attacking capacity) doesn't look quite as totally focussed in his defensive duties as he did match after match last season.

it was,i thought he was being sarcastic !

that's how it should be done, not throwing a shirt into the crowd as there could be a crush and a young un could be hurt, and the player [ jack ] gives his shirt to who he wants which is a young un

Thought the atmosphere was fantastic - the fans were amazing - sang for the 90 mins - not had such a cracking atmosphere away for a long time...little bugbear - at the whistle, not all the team come over - honourable exceptions for Grealish, Fernandinho, Bernardo (and even Phil) - but some very quick to head to the showers, despite such vocal and loud support...
Pep (or whoever is deemed to be 'the leader' on the pitch) should be addressing that so it happens for the whole team. The players probably just don't think at the time. No reason the subs can't do it either to make them important whether they actually get on the field of play or not (thinking of the youngsters and possibly Carson)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.