Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

A very good win away against a very dangerous side.

First half dominant but created little and a tad fortunate with Kev's handball I thought.

Second half changed it up tactically and mullered em and got the deserved winner.

Cant be arsed discussing penalties as they will know its an issue and its one we have to fix fast.

2 games since the news broke that would break any other club and we have won both games, conceded none and are 7 clear in 2nd spot now.

Excellent from them all.
Conceded none? That can’t be right.......

Strange match. A good performance in a game we dominated on the whole but we are a good 40% below last season's level. This is understandable as the title is gone and I don't see us dropping out of the top four, but we have to stay there in case the ban is overturned.

We need more pace and probably physicality/energy in midfield. Rodri has a lot of quality but he is a bit cumbersome and tends to dawdle on the ball a bit. Gundogan is similar. I think at Atletico Rodri just sat in front of the back four.

Mendy Mahrez, Walker and Fern had good games, Kev a bit hit and miss. Jesus made a big difference when he came on. He got some stick for his performance against West Ham, myself included, bit today he was brilliant. Pace, energy, pressing and a great finish. Pep nailed it in his interview. When in that position just hit the ball otherwise the chance is gone and that's what he did. He is yet to convince he can do it in a full game, at the moment he is more of a supersub against a tiring team. The penalty fiasco is now a major concern and is making our life twice as difficult.

I'll be glad to get this season over and done with. If we have one or two trophies, beat the ban then next season I'm sure we will be back bang on it.

@SebastianBlue

What does double 0 get you from that?

Had Aguero for fgs and also fgs and City win so you can imagine we’re not speaking currently.
I as a long standing Blue.am absolutely buzzing tonite with that win. Proud of our club and manager after the week we ve just had.
No amount of money could ever change that emotion,i have no idea why fans bring gambling worries into the bigger picture.
Sad.

I honestly didn’t think we were going to get anything out of that game. Credit to Leicester, like most teams do, they packed the box when we got near it. Our possession stats 68% away from home was really impressive, but we lacked the finishing for which we used to be so good at.
Glad to see Gabby rescued us with a well taken finish after a fantastic run by Mahrez. Lovely to see him doing that to his former team.
Vardy nearly punished us with his pace but KW kept him under wraps later.
Mendy absolutely comical nearly hanging Laporte out to dry on at least two occasions by being completely out of position. Gundogan was a passenger, but no doubt will play v RM, which is worrying.
I can’t understand why Pep still goes with the slowest MF pairing of IG & Rodri. I would liked to have seen Foden yet his usual 4 mins but yet again no. It’s pretty shocking that we STILL cannot put away penalties. If Pep said Eddy is the best, let him take them. Fück being ‘nice’.

I honestly didn’t think we were going to get anything out of that game. Credit to Leicester, like most teams do, they packed the box when we got near it. Our possession stats 68% away from home was really impressive, but we lacked the finishing for which we used to be so good at.
Glad to see Gabby rescued us with a well taken finish after a fantastic run by Mahrez. Lovely to see him doing that to his former team.
Vardy nearly punished us with his pace but KW kept him under wraps later.
Mendy absolutely comical nearly hanging Laporte out to dry on at least two occasions by being completely out of position. Gundogan was a passenger, but no doubt will play v RM, which is worrying.
I can’t understand why Pep still goes with the slowest MF pairing of IG & Rodri. I would liked to have seen Foden yet his usual 4 mins but yet again no. It’s pretty shocking that we STILL cannot put away penalties. If Pep said Eddy is the best, let him take them. Fück being ‘nice’.

Evening rnblade.

Like Foden mate its going to take the great man Kun finally moving on as well but he is a hell of a player.

Technical ability and a heart to match and his records at his age are unbelievable.

they are so underrated, his numbers, and I mean this sincerely, show a trajectory that he could wipe out all before him, which is just crackers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.